iPad Screen Protector?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Professor2407, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Professor2407 macrumors newbie

Should I install a screen protector on my new iPad and if so any suggestions?

2. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Well just to be extra careful i would go with a PowerSupport when it comes out..

3. kirchnrd macrumors 6502

kirchnrd

I bought a generic one on eBay, and it was terrible. I use Griffin on my iPhone, and they have one for iPad coming soon, so I am risking it till then.

4. pup975 macrumors member

MacWorld did a stress test on the iPad and had trouble even making scratches with a nail. They say that it is not necessary. I've had my iPhone without a screen protector and don't have any scratches on it.

5. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

I doubt thAt one is really needed, however it might be good to have one of the antiglare ones. The glare off this screen is terrible if you try to use it outside.

6. supermanx macrumors member

Agree on the anti-glare, hopefully a good one will come out soon. Looks like there are a few on the horizon.

7. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

I'm not going with one... Think its unnecessary as the screen shouldn't be touched with anything but your fingers.

8. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Bestskinsever.com or nothing. Zagg and ghost armor are the same ring at 2-3x the price. If you're running naked ornwith a silicon case I'd say yes. People talk about the screen being scratchi proof like the 3GS but I saw some micro scratches on the 3gs and promptly installed a bse which has been great. If naked get the full body protector.