iPad Screen Recording

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mashinhead, Sep 5, 2015.

1. mashinhead macrumors 68020

I want to record off the screen at hi quality whats the best way to do this? Is there a piece of third party software I should use?

2. dimzen macrumors member

dimzen

3. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68020

quicktime isn't high quality. I need high quality. it doesn't record in the actual screen size. can someone recommend one that records in actual resolution?

4. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

Sorry, I don't have an iPad handy to check to see if an iPad is recorded at full resolution, but Quicktime Player 10.4 certainly does record the full screen resolution of my iPhone.
    Screen Shot 2015-09-07 at 11.59.42 AM.jpg

5. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68020

i have the most current iPad and my resolution comes out at 1200x900 landscape instead of native. also when connected you can visibly see how low the quality is on the cpu screen. is there some setting that i need to check?

6. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

The maximum video output of an iPad Air is 1080p. Per the iPad spec sheet:
    1080p is also the maximum resolution for displaying videos.

One thing to keep in mind is that iPad is a Retina display, so "native resolution" is something of a slippery slope. There's all sorts of scaling going on, usually scaling up (as in watching a 1080p video full screen). The point of Retina is to make the individual pixels smaller so they're harder to perceive, not necessarily to make on-screen elements like text proportionally smaller (I'm not competent to explain all this - a developer might be able to shed real light on the topic).

7. dimzen macrumors member

dimzen

What app do you use to inspecte the file in that picture? :)

8. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

That's the Movie Inspector window built into QuickTime (Quicktime > Window > Show Movie Inspector). I used Photos to do the blurring.

9. dimzen macrumors member

dimzen

Ahh.. thanks :D