All iPads iPad screen repair?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by waynep, Oct 20, 2012.

1. waynep macrumors 6502

Anyone had to have their iPad screen repaired? I just dropped mine on the bathroom floor and it shattered. It hit face down. The closest Apple store is 2 hours away . . . . Not sure what I am going to do yet . . . It's the 3rd gen ipad.

2. PlutoniusX macrumors member

You could buy the glass/digitzer/bezel for 50 bucks off of eBay, then the replacement screen for $50 off of eBay and do it yourself. Having someone install that for you would cost an additional $100. Plenty of 3rd party folks out there to help you.

Apple will probably quote you an astronomical price to repair it, if they even do repairs.

3. Stevi macrumors member

Stevi

Mine did a face plant on a tile floor. Completely shattered the screen. There was no discussion about repairing it. Apple wouldn't touch it, but the whole iPad was replaced for approx $360. I can't remember exactly how much it was.

4. waynep thread starter macrumors 6502

I got it replaced yesterday. It was $350 which included 2 years Applecare + just in case this happens again. It would have been $299 without the Applecare +. They swapped it out with a new one, not a refurb.

5. trust773 macrumors newbie

$84.99 glass digitizer replacement / Lowest $!

This is is not a scam. Just wanted to share! @ Chicago Gadgets, iPad 1 glass digitizer replacement is $84.99 iPad 2 glass digitizer replacement $99.99, iPad 3 glass digitizer replacement $114.99 and that includes a new digitizer & labor. Mail-in service is also available. www.ChicagoGadgets.com direct link: http://www.chicagogadgets.com/ipad-repair.html :)