iPad screen too sensitive?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mozartwon, May 25, 2010.

1. mozartwon macrumors member

I'm constantly hitting the wrong links when I'm surfing the web, anybody else?

2. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

I only have problems with this if the links are really close together. For example, the page buttons at the bottom of this forum can be tricky without zooming in a bit. In general, I find the screen to be just about perfect.

3. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

A sensitive screen should have little to do with hitting the wrong links -- an inaccurate screen would, but the iPad screen is very accurate. A sensitive screen only means that it would register immediately when your finger hits the wrong link. But that's not the screen's fault.

If the links are too close together, just reverse pinch to zoom in before you click. It takes just a split second to do.

4. RVdave macrumors member

Yes, sensitivity is a problem on our new iPad 3. It appears that we need to keep our fingers well clear of the screen, and particularly the edges. Either the screen is significantly more sensitive than our iPhones or our fingers are generating more capacitance. Sometimes a link will be triggered when our finger seems to be well above it. Another learning/adjusting experience! Nonetheless, a small price to pay for a great device.

5. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I find the tactile response of the screen one of Apples areas of great expertise. If you're having trouble, just be patient and mindful of it's sensitivity. Once you've allowed yourself to become acclimated, you'll truly enjoy it.

6. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Exactly the same as with iPad 1 and 2, I'd say.

(I don't use screen protectors on any of my iPads.)

7. RVdave macrumors member

You raise an interesting point. Do you think a screen protector would tone down the sensitivity if it becomes an annoyance for some? Thanks

8. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

I don't think so - at least I haven't encountered any probs with screen protectors on capacitive screens, not even with the cheapest ones. (Resistive screens are a completely different matter - there, the sensitivity suffers a lot if you apply a protector.)

There may be absolutely rubbish protectors even for the iPad, though - it's just that I haven't seen any of them, at least not sensitivity-wise.