iPad second gen

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Denzydenz, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Denzydenz macrumors newbie

Denzydenz

im still using my iPad second gen, and I want to buy a pen to enhance my workflow, any suggestions?

2. jrs22 macrumors 6502

It doesn't have the right Bluetooth for powered styluses, like the newer fine point ones. Any dumb stylus will work. Or if you want some precision look at the jot pro with a disk.

3. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

I used to have the Adonit Jot Dash, it's powered but not Bluetooth so it works with anything. It's got a nice small tip and it's pretty cheap. Decent option.

4. jrs22 macrumors 6502

Maybe that's the same technology as the now-defunct Hex Jaja. Small point but no pressure sensitivity, not a bad compromise for an Ipad 2.

5. Denzydenz thread starter macrumors newbie

Denzydenz

Did you own one? How is it? Comfortable for writing notes and convert them to text?
    --- Post Merged, Jun 29, 2016 ---
    With an iPad 2?

6. jrs22 macrumors 6502

When I was shopping for a stylus I already had an iPad 3. People were having so many problems with different brands that I decided to buy from Best Buy since I could easily return it. I ended up with a BT stylus which wouldn't work for you.

It also depends on the software. I was using a traditional dumb stylus and notes plus, and did all my writing in a zoom box so that kind of stylus worked for me.

7. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

I didn't personally use it on an iPad 2, I had an Air 2 at the time. But my wife used it on the iPad mini 1st gen she had at the time without a problem, she quite liked it and spec wise they're the same.

Like I said because it doesn't rely on a Bluetooth connection or special software, it works on literally any capacitive screen so it's pretty versatile.

8. Denzydenz thread starter macrumors newbie

Denzydenz

Sounds good. You convinced me :) I will try to get one!