iPad Seems To Get Hot At Times

Discussion in 'iPad' started by beeinformed, Jan 16, 2017.

1. beeinformed macrumors 6502

Hi,

I have a iPad mini 2 that seems to get hot at times (five to ten times a month) and it was a replacement for a unit that never got hot but unfortunately,it had hardware issues so it had to be replaced.

The replacement unit seems to be fine (other than getting hot at times) but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue with their iPad. Thanks!

2. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

How long of you had the replacement device? Do You have a warranty with this replacement device? In the past, I've had a replacement iPhones they have gotten very warm versus a new iPhone in the box.

3. beeinformed thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi,

I've had the replacement since May, 2016 and had a two year Apple Care protection plan that expired at the same time.

Does this issue normally occur with iPads and/or is this something I should be concerned about? Thanks!

4. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

Well it's not normal for the iPad to get hot on a regular basis. Being this is a refurbished model, perhaps is still experiencing some issues. You mentioned it gets hot 5–10 times a month. How often are you using it? Are you heavily multitasking and playing lots of media? Does your battery drop significantly when It gets hot?

5. beeinformed thread starter macrumors 6502

I use it on a daily basis (one to two hours a day) and look at websites with news content, forums (such as Macrumors) and shopping sites. I rarely use it to watch you tube videos, for example.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

7. ericwn macrumors 68000

Can you reproduce a scenario where the iPad gets hot, like a particular app or during charging? I would maybe have a Genius look at the device if in doubt.