Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
Wait, so some people will have iPads hours before the store sales??? :confused:

The press releases have only mentioned the 5pm time in relation to the retail stores. I can't imagine they won't let the trucks roll till that late, that would just be bizarre.

alia

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2003
Tampa, FL (Orlando, 2003 - 2023)
Whether the shipment goes through Memphis or not probably has to do with where you live in the U.S. The shipment for my keyboard doc when from Shanghai --> Anchorage ---> Memphis ---> Orlando, FL (where I live).

Also, I spoke to the FedEx guy (since he was here yesterday to deliver my keyboard doc), and he said that international priority arrives before 10:30 AM (as you have all read on the FedEx website) unless they are running behind. I couldn't find out if my normal delivery guy is usually running behind, because the guy who came to my door yesterday was subbing. The point is, whether or not the ipad comes through Memphis, we will probably get our ipads on the promised date of April 30, and all of this speculation is a waste of your precious brain cells. Also, we will likely get them by 10:30 AM unless the delivery guys are running late.

So, just chill out people! :)

stev

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2010
east boston

most of my stuff travels from china through alaska straight to "east boston", which is the industrial area outside logan, boston's main airport.

if they are doing this for just a random ipod, i would imagine that the hundreds (thousands) of 3g ipads due to be delivered in new england would be worth scheduling a direct flight from alaska. . . . . . .

Swampthing

Suspended
Mar 5, 2004
Good lord, stop the trolling :rolleyes:

If you preordered before the cutoff and got the email you will be receiving the ipad3G on Friday. All others: who knows.

I agree. Even if iPads are being delayed, there is no indication this effects the new iPad 3G shipments since they won't even arrive until the end of the month.

camarobh

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2007
San Diego, CA
I know that. But what's bizarre is that Apple has never done such a thing before. It's always been simultaneous. :confused:

Not true. They have never tied shipping delivery times to store opening times. Fedex delivered iPhone 3GS's the entire launch day regardless of when Apple (or AT&T) stores opened that day.

traylorc

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2010
I have to ask...what is the point of getting folks all worked up about a situation that may occur? Let's say that all ipads are delayed because of weather issues and can't be delivered on the 30th? We can't do anything about it...so why spend time worrying?

paleck

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2005
with the Tequila!
My last shipment (power adapter) didn't come via Memphis to the SLC, UT area.

Here is the route it took for me, let's hope my ipad follows the same route:
SHENZHEN, China
LANTAU ISLAND, Hong Kong
ANCHORAGE, AK
OAKLAND, CA
SALT LAKE CITY, UT

iMessengerApp

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2009
I guess it depends on your residence location but I am not speaking about your case or USB cord. I am talking about the serialized products; iphones, ipods, macbooks. Memphis has been my experience. I guess we all have different experiences but for those who do go through Memphis, bad weather IS scheduled.

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
I've had two iPhones (from AT&T), an iPod Touch, and Mac Mini (both of which I purchased online). They ALL came:

China
Hong Kong
Alaska
New Jersey
Virginia
Maryland

CarboysDesire

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
Las Vegas
Good Lord. It will arrive on the 30th and if it doesn't it will be as soon as they can logistically delver it and not a moment before or after.

What difference does it make anyway? It is not a life or death matter.

It's an electronc device. Get a grip.

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
Good Lord. It will arrive on the 30th and if it doesn't it will be as soon as they can logistically delver it and not a moment before or after.

What difference does it make anyway? It is not a life or death matter.

It's an electronc device. Get a grip.

What difference does it make if people who are Apple enthusiasts obsess over an Apple product on an Apple-centric website?

CarboysDesire

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
Las Vegas
It is possible to will things to happen. If you worriers collectively obsess that it will be delayed, guess what...it will be.

Whether that's true or not does not change the fact that you have zero control over its delivery. You'll get it when it arrives, and not a moment sooner.

Breathe. You're going to be OK.

LSleeter

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2010
I live in Morristown, TN (about 3 hrs from Memphis) and my case took this route:
Memphis, TN
Louisville, TN
Morristown, TN

Eye4Desyn

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2009
U, S, and A
Generally, FedEx priority shipments have been delivered by 10:30 a.m. to me in the past.

+1. My camera connection kit (delivered by FedEx) had an estimated delivery time of 10:30am on 4/23. It showed up at exactly 10:26am. If/when we see the same tracking manifest for our iPad 3Gs, whatever time frame is stated, I'll be confident FedEx will do it. Their motto is The World On Time, and I wouldn't have reason to believe otherwise after seeing how delivery worked with my cc kit. FedEx FTW!

Eye4Desyn

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2009
U, S, and A
The press releases have only mentioned the 5pm time in relation to the retail stores. I can't imagine they won't let the trucks roll till that late, that would just be bizarre.

Agreed. I would imagine most if not all will arrive at retail locations throughout the day Thursday 4/29 with perhaps any straggler deliveries showing up in the AM of 4/30 to have ample stock for the 5pm launch later that day.

Bulldog3777

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2009
Delivery

My FedEx driver was at my house Friday and he said Priority was by 10:30am. I am leaving town around noon and he said call FedEx and have them hold it at the FedEx location and pick it up if there was a concern. I will stop by there Thursday with the tracking(hope, hope) and arrange for a pick up.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
Well, I canceled my order for a 3G iPad that was to be delivered on the 30th so maybe some of you will get lucky and get bumped up. :) I live in NYC, and FEDEX here is nothing but aggravation if they arrive and you're not home(I have to work on Friday).

Since there are no less than 5 Apple stores in the NYC area and about 4 Best Buys, I hope I'll just be able to pick it up at the store that weekend. If not, no biggie. They'll be stocked soon enough.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.