iPad Shipping Issue: Stuck in Hong Kong

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AppleKash, Jun 14, 2010.

?

Did your iPad experience any significant shipping delays in Hong Kong?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. AppleKash macrumors 6502

After much reading I have noticed that many Apple iPad customers have experienced shipping issues originating out of Lantau Island, HK.

Some customers have experienced customs delays HK lasting up to 1 week, and others 2-3 days. And then some with no issues whatsoever. I wanted to start a thread concerning this issue. It does not seem to be the case that this issue is alien to Fedex. As it seems to be plaguing UPS as well.

My shipment has only been caught up in HK for about 24hrs. And therefore this issue does technically yet apply to me. But I have uncovered enough evidence to suggest the issue is short of being exclusive to a select few. I am beginning to fear that I may fall victim to this annoyance.

Anyone having any shipping delays originating out of HK?

2. Hey Jude macrumors 6502a

Hey Jude

I didn't vote

....because it's my iPad Apple case that was stuck 4 days in Hong Kong, but I assume a few iPads were probably in that shipment.

Now, it's delayed in Anchorage, AK:D

Progress, I guess........

Jude

3. musiddiqui macrumors member

My iPad has been stuck in Memphis since early yesterday morning. Hopefully today it will ship out to CT.

4. DotCom2 macrumors 68030

Same here.
    My iPad has been stuck in Memphis for over 28 hrs but at least it's on American soil but still....SHEESH...what's up with that!?:mad:

5. kurlyku macrumors newbie

My Ipad is also stuck in hong kong

I read that your ipad was still in hong kong. Mine has been "in transit" since 0029 on 6/14. Yahoo has now taken the delivery date off of my routing but fedex still says 6/16. I hope it is actually on the plane and not stuck on a pallett somewhere.

6. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

... all these iPads going through Hong Kong. Yet ironically, iPads are not yet available in Hong Kong, at least not from Apple...

7. harry*333 macrumors 6502a

harry*333