Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lillianad

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2006
Considered the hassle of asking someone to get me one from PCW, then send it from Kenya to Uganda sometime in the future and I broke down. Bought one in Uganda for £30 more than UK price. Totally loving this freedom and usability. Takes me back to Newton days :D

To you all waiting, hope you get your iPads pretty soon. Out.

SteveUK

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2008
North East, UK
Hi all
After reading the wonderful TOL and RaiSensei tale of PC World, I decided to cancel my order with Apple and go with PC World online and ordered the 16gb 3G model... Now all I have to do is wait...... Ordered it this morning (Saturday), so don't expect much response until Monday....

How are you guys getting on with the new member to your families? :)
No doubt busy with PvZ and Angry Birds! :rolleyes:

Enjoy, and keep posting! :apple:

randystand

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2009
Was in pc world, junction 9 in Wednesbury yesterday and they had plenty of iPad's in stock along with loads of the apple cases.

Nishi100

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2010
A few minutes ago I went on to the Apple store (online), to check my order; however, after I typed in my email and password it said "A technical difficulty has prevented us from processing your request" and I'm wondering if the online status is down or my order is messed up?

TheBritishBloke

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
United Kingdom
I'm going to be ordering my iPad tonight from PC World.. I'm going on holiday a week on wednesday for a month, so ordering it from Apple wouldn't work.. No real difference anyway 8]

Even though they say 3-4Days delivery, has anyone here got it next day or anything?

NumBerS912

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2008
Cheltenham, UK
I'm going to be ordering my iPad tonight from PC World.. I'm going on holiday a week on wednesday for a month, so ordering it from Apple wouldn't work.. No real difference anyway 8]

Even though they say 3-4Days delivery, has anyone here got it next day or anything?

I guess you might see it Wednesday but I doubt sooner.

Silken

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2010
A few minutes ago I went on to the Apple store (online), to check my order; however, after I typed in my email and password it said "A technical difficulty has prevented us from processing your request" and I'm wondering if the online status is down or my order is messed up?

Had the same happen to me this morning. Must be their website.

TheBritishBloke

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
United Kingdom
I just looked at my confirmation email from PC World..

PCWorld said:
Small item(s) (expect delivery within 3 working days)
Delivery method: Standard
Quantity Product code Product price Total
APPLE - iPad 32GB Wi-Fi and 3G 1 436425 £ 599.00 £ 599.00

Within 3 days? So theoretically could come Tuesday,wednesday,thursday? Hmm.. Whatever happened to 3-4days?

Nishi100

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2010
Yes, it's been "prepared for shipment", so it should come in time for me to jailbreak it and sync everything, before my holiday.

How long did it take, in your case, for it to ship?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    136.4 KB · Views: 46

mattpreston11

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2007
Got mine delivered today.ordered from pc world on Wednesday,got the security check on Thursday and it got sent on Friday.

Nishi100

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2010
Mine just been shipped by UPS, and should be delivered tomorrow. (We should create / re-open an iPad just received - thought and impression thread, so we don't have "I received my iPad", "I love my iPad", "I hate my iPad" [etc.])

TheBritishBloke

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
United Kingdom
Good to hear someone else got the 'security check' from PC World.. I was just wondering if I was just unlucky lol..

So to clarify for anyone buying in the UK from PC World:

1. You Order.
2. You receive a security check phone call generally the same/next working day.
3. Generally your order gets shipped the following day.
4. Once shipped, you'll receive it in 24Hours (have a fun day sitting at home 9-5)
5. You'll miss the delivery and have to collect it from the depot.
6. You'll get to the depot and find out they've already re-sent it out for delivery again today.
7. You'll rush home, and there will be a 'sorry we missed you' card.
8. You'll phone the depot and complain.
9. The next day you'll end up taking off work, and then he either doesn't come at all, or he comes right at the start of the day, so there was no point in you taking the day off.

Thats how things generally work with PC World and DHL... :)

NumBerS912

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2008
Cheltenham, UK
Good to hear someone else got the 'security check' from PC World.. I was just wondering if I was just unlucky lol..

So to clarify for anyone buying in the UK from PC World:

1. You Order.
2. You receive a security check phone call generally the same/next working day.
3. Generally your order gets shipped the following day.
4. Once shipped, you'll receive it in 24Hours (have a fun day sitting at home 9-5)
5. You'll miss the delivery and have to collect it from the depot.
6. You'll get to the depot and find out they've already re-sent it out for delivery again today.
7. You'll rush home, and there will be a 'sorry we missed you' card.
8. You'll phone the depot and complain.
9. The next day you'll end up taking off work, and then he either doesn't come at all, or he comes right at the start of the day, so there was no point in you taking the day off.

Thats how things generally work with PC World and DHL... :)

unable to get delivery to work?

Nishi100

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2010
Mines Arrived!!!!

Current Delivery Status Delivered 20 Jul 2010
Signed by ************

I ordered the iPad wifi + 3G 64gb from Apple: it took 13 days (including weekends).

millar876

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2004
Kilmarnock, Scotland UK
I checked my order status with apple today and it's changed from "not yet shipped" to "prepared for shipment". But it's still showing as shipping on 26th for delivery on 28th, hopefully it'll ship early and the dates will change when it's picked up for delivery.

My fingers and thumbs are itchin to get a hold of it. Also my iPhone 4 from three is due to arrive on the 28th aswell

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2010
UK
I ordered mine on the 11th from Apple, the website said 7-10 days. I received my confirmation e-mail and it said it would arrive on the 28th :confused:

I've been checking my order everyday to see if it would come any earlier, without luck - then today it suddenly changed to being delivered and here I am posting using my iPad. Good times!

Under promise, over deliver I guess?:apple:

Sparced

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2007
Order Date: Jul 7, 2010

Estimated Shipping: 21 Jul, 2010
Estimated Delivery: 23 Jul, 2010

iPad 32GB WiFi :(

It came on the 20th, missed my Birthday on the 16th. Quirky Cloak doesn't ship till 24th so will have to take care with it being naked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.