iPad iPad Shopping

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Scuba629, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Scuba629 macrumors regular

Is there a good place to get an iPad cheaper today? I missed all the specials and was going to just buy it on apple.com but wasn't sure if I might be missing a deal.

2. Closingracer macrumors 68020

3. Scuba629 thread starter macrumors regular

4. iMas70 macrumors 65816

Shopping for an iPad is really starting to become a PITA! Target is offering 10% off electronics through their Cartwheel (ends today) so I'd save a total of 15% by using my Red Card. I stopped into my local store but they didn't have what I'm looking for (2 32GB iPad Mini 2s in Space Gray and one 64GB iPad Air 2 in Space Gray). I can get silver or gold for but I don't want to look at the while face. I think Apple should offer more colors with a black face.

I came home and checked Target.com. Most options are out of stock. Best Buy isn't listing much either.

It's hard to find them on sale but... I checked my local Apple stores. They have plenty at full price.

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

How much are they in Costco

6. Closingracer macrumors 68020

[​IMG]

----------

You don't need a membership to buy online but I think they charge a fee. Do you have friends or co workers that have a membership there? Ask them to get you a $50 dollar gift card to Costco which allows you to shop there without a membership .

7. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

8. minicard macrumors regular

minicard

Good Luck buying from BestBuy. Have been trying daily since Thanksgiving. Even at full price, they don't have stock.

9. iMas70 macrumors 65816

I just visited another Target store. Nothing! I guess I'll be going to Apple this weekend. At least I'll have them then can return the unopened boxes if I find them on sale somewhere.

10. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Just bought one from there. They matched Walmart at $479 and I had $70 in rewards :)

11. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Really? This is funny because I got the 128GB from Best Buy on Black Friday for the price of my 64GB I got from Walmart (which I'm returning. 128GB? Hell yeah!).

In fact, I'm showing their website has most, if not all, models of the Air 2 in stock. Store stock might vary, but you can get it online with no problem.

If you don't want to go through the hassle of Costco, MacMall is offering $10-$30 off Air 2's depending on the capacity/wireless model you pick.

12. Scuba629 thread starter macrumors regular

I was shopping at MacMall today and noticed they didn't have the option for a Verizon SIM. Is it a pain to get this SIM? Its for my mom so I won't be able to really help her if she did want to activate it.

13. Closingracer macrumors 68020

It was quite easy for me ...just walked into a store and got one

14. Scuba629 thread starter macrumors regular

Which store? I could go into a Verizon to have it on hand if needed. Did you bring your iPad to the store? Or just pick it up and pop it in?

15. Closingracer macrumors 68020

Verizon store and I happened to have iPad on hand and they did need it for something

16. Scuba629 thread starter macrumors regular

They might have wanted to link it to your account. I bet they would just give it to me. Maybe I should call and check..

17. iMas70 macrumors 65816

Best Buy has everything that I'm looking for... just not on sale. I was going to get my kids 32GB iPad Minis but the iPad Air was only $70. more so I got them each one of those instead. I'll just use the Rewards money that I have on that credit card to make up for most of the difference. I bought them online last night so I know that I have them. I'm hoping they go on sale somewhere soon so I can have them do a price match.

I'm going to get my iPad Air 2 at the Apple Store. I just like the experience there plus I need to get a new Lightning connector covered by my iPhone 6 Apple Care.

18. Scuba629 thread starter macrumors regular

I like the Apple Store but if I can save a few bunks at MacMall why not? This would be my first time using MacMall but it seems they can be trusted.

19. Scuba629 thread starter macrumors regular

Closingracer did you get yours via MacMall?

20. mlw4411 macrumors member

I buy a lot from Macmall. Never had a problem. I order online and it ships to Ms., so there is no tax and free shipping.
    Also consider apple.com for refurbish if you ever need something thats not a new release. Same as new, warranty and all.

21. iMas70 macrumors 65816

I think I started to get spoiled seeing $140.00+ discounts for iPads. So it went from no discount to that so I start thinking "that's it" when I see it for less than $100.00 off. My fault, I guess I should have been up shopping at midnight on Black Friday. Ya snooze ya lose...

Still hoping for a second wave of discounts before Christmas.

22. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Not at all. Just walk into a local Verizon store, ask to set up a new tablet line and ask for a LTE Nano SIM for an iPad. The SIMs are free as long as you have an account last I checked.

23. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

I second Costco. I don't know why I go other places anymore.

24. iMas70, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2014

iMas70 macrumors 65816

I didn't save much but Christmas will be good this year! Two 32GB iPad Airs for the kids and a 64GB iPad Air 2 for me. I'll save $100.00 when I sign up for AT&T service and I'll sell my iPad 4 so that will make my wallet feel a little better

Attached Files: