iPad mini iPad Skin anyone?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SamIchi, Oct 29, 2012.

1. SamIchi, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012

SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Anyone gunna put a skin on theirs? I've basically put a skin on every apple product I have. I've had Zagg, Bestskinsever, and Phantomskinz. Phantom was my favorite. The matte on that is awesome. I think I'll order one for the mini. I'm still trying to decide though. Cause I think I'll like the feel of the aluminum, and I'll be mostly using it at home, but it would be nice to have when I take it out.

What you guys thinking? Skin or no skin? Oh I got a smart cover, I was just thinking about the back of it.

Oh and I've also used, Wrapsol, which was also very good for matte.

2. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

I've never used a skin because of the "bubble" issue and afraid it might leave a residue upon removal. My impression is that it might not wear well or prematurely peel away at the edges or corners. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong :eek:

3. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

For now I'm getting a cheap TPU back for mine but I'll likely get a skin for mine eventually. I have one on another device and it leaves no sticky residue when taken off. I got my skin at decalgirl, am waiting for the mini skins. Think I'll have a look at the brands you listed too.

4. jedolley macrumors 68000

If I don't put a case on it I will probably put a skin on it. I also like Phantomskinz, but this time around I am going to go with Skinomi. I have used them a couple times in the past and they are better than Zagg and on par with BSE. Also, it has a nice pre-order price of $.99 + $2.95 s/h for the full body skin.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009VN9F0S/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00

5. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

I've been very tempted to get one of these:

http://www.icarbons.com

In carbon/white, combined with my Apple Smart Cover ... I don't really need dent/drop protection, just very minor scuff/scratch protection.

My main concern was application. Their site shows how it can be pulled off and reapplied several times and contoured using a blowdryer, but that always looks easier than it is :D

6. jedolley macrumors 68000

Not a big fan of the carbon fiber look and I think it's overdone. If I were to go the sticker route, I would either go with a Phantomskinz matte, or one of the "powder-coated" stickers from **********. I think the black powder coated sticker would look nice on a black iPad mini.

Attached Files:

7. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I don't like the carbon fiber/colored ones, I always go with the clear.

depends on your use, and handling of the product. Obviously something like you phone will show wear quicker. Usually like after a year, it starts to look weird. I had Phantomskinz on my palm rest and track pad of my MBP, and took it off after about a year. It started to yellow, and peel a little. But the outside part still looks amazing. Theres no residue from the ones I've used.

What's the skinomi feel like? Similar to BSE? I think Zaggs invisible shield are the worst out of all of them. For that price, it's very tempting.

8. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

Funny enough, I keep forgetting the bottom cutout will be different for the 4th gen :D (The larger cutout would work obviously...)

I'm _assuming_ that all the other button/switch positions will be the same[?]

9. ANMA dojo macrumors regular

Thanks for the heads up. I use their skins for iphone 5 and like it. ships fast from CA.

10. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

I like their product and sometimes their customer service is good... They are hit or miss though.