iPad Skin pics I'll show you mine if you show me yours

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by taskmanager, Apr 6, 2010.

1. taskmanager macrumors regular

Just got my iPad and installed the xo skins screen and body protector. Here's some pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There is a little fuzziness but the instructions say that will go away after a day. I finally own an iPad Wahoo! I only had the iPhone but now am a proud iPad owner. Next step is a laptop.. Post your pics. Did you use a skin or a protector or are you going naked?

2. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

Congrats. I hope to get my skin in the next day or so. I'm so nervous running around naked.

3. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

That's perfect. One of those and a incase sleeve. That's the way to go

4. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

5. taskmanager thread starter macrumors regular

They compare well. The xo skin feels a lot less rubbery so its easier to slide your finger across. And there isn't the orange peel look.

6. robotkiller macrumors 6502

robotkiller

Does the skin on the aluminum make it grippier? That alone would make getting a clear skin worthwhile, for me

7. taskmanager thread starter macrumors regular

It does give it a little grip, but not as much as the zagg skin. I haven't ever used their stuff on my iPad but I have on my iPhone, but I'm sure its the same material. It's not about to slip off of my desk so better than naked

8. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

For laptops, iPhones and iPads, BSE - www.bestskinsever.com is the best by far and significantly cheaper than the IS, BGz and other brands. I would recommend them over and over and over. I tried installing a BodyGuardz on my MacBook and went with a BSE which I had already used on both my iPhones and can't believe I ever gave BGz a chance over BSE. Easiest install and best product, especially the price. Cheap shipping too.

However I would recommend only getting the back skin, not the front skins. If you want a screen protector you are probably best off getting a film, and going matte at that.

9. taskmanager thread starter macrumors regular

Nice. I have never used bse. Do they have a lifetime warranty like zagg, xo, and body guardz?

10. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Not sure about warranty, but they go on best. BodyGuardz was horrible to try and put on. Stuck almost instantly. BSE can slide around. Very easy to get bubbles out, looks great right away, anything else clears up in 24-48 hours. My MacBook from Nov 08 looks like the day I put the skin on. I put the skin on the top, bottom and sides as well as palm rest, but opted not to put it on the trackpad. I like the slight grip that the BSE like other skins give to the iPhone and MacBook but that is why I wouldn't use it on the screen or trackpad, because I want those slick. I could sell my MacBook in mint condition because of this skin. It looks amazing. Plus BSE charges $2.00 shipping for skins, as they go regular mail and arrive quickly. I think their cuts are the most precise and best designed per device. They even designed a back only (no wrapping flaps) for the iPhone per a customer's design request so that the back would be totally protected but that flaps that sometime peel back after to much in and out of pocket use after time wouldn't be an issue and they did and added that to their available products.

11. robotkiller macrumors 6502

robotkiller

Thanks for the tip - reviews look pretty good, in general, and it's alot cheaper. Just placed my order.

Hoping this adds a little grip to the back. With the satin finish and tapered edge, the ipad is like a smooth stone - difficult to get a comfortable grip. A bit of texture on the back would have made more sense, ergonomically.

12. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

That's one reason I will order a BSE before getting my iPad (whenever that is). Let us know about the side strips. I have a BSE for my unibody AL MacBook and it has side strips that protect the side faces very well and have never peeled or gotten marked up/damaged. But with the sides of the iPad being so much narrower, I am curious if it is worth putting those on. I guess you could always take them off. The main thing is the back. I would order the back only sheet (comes with the sides) and save the $4 or $5 for the included front on the total body as I don't see the point of putting peel on the glass.

13. taskmanager thread starter macrumors regular

@roland
    You are right the cloudiness does clear. I was a little worried after installing the xoskin and saw the cloudiness, but when I woke up this morning it was gone and crystal clear. All I need now is a sachel/bag and I'm set.

14. Bitgod macrumors regular

Bitgod

Anyone used invisible shield before? I've never used them because I've been turned off by using a spray. Well really I've only ever used screen protectors, not whole body ones. Do you have to use the spray for the screen layer? I always felt safer with something like a boxwave where there's no spray. And do the non-transparent skins use a spray also? I was kicking around the idea of getting a gelaskin.

15. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Don't think I am ever going to rock a skin with this thing, way too beautiful to cover up!

It just feels right to use it naked and not cover up the sleekness.

16. taskmanager thread starter macrumors regular

The last invisible shield I got came with a wet sponge thing, didn't really work. The xoskin I got came with a spray bottle and a squeegee. You only spray the skin and not the iPad. Then it says not to turn it on for an hour. That is the hardest part.. I wanted to let it sit for longer but couldn't wait. No water got in and most of it evaporates within an hour anyway if it did. I wouldn't dare try a dry skin with this. Its too big, if you were off placing it you'd be done for and have to get a new one. The skins with spray are nice because you can position them into place and then let them dry.

17. krnboy503 macrumors regular

My bestskinsever should be here soon. Maybe tomorrow or Friday and i will post a video or some pics.

18. macfan1777 macrumors newbie

iPad Skins!

My dad just got an iPad for his birthday and I'm thinking about ordering a custom iPad skin from http://www.sticviews.com - their skins are way more affordable than skinit, gelaskins, and all the other big names! And they are so easy to install - I already have a sticviews laptop skin on my MacBook Pro! :)

19. taskmanager thread starter macrumors regular

20. taskmanager thread starter macrumors regular

Guess thats why my post didnt stick and I got the database error on my last post.

21. taskmanager thread starter macrumors regular

22. yourtoys7 macrumors 6502a

I've always BSE, for both iPads and will do so for iPad3. Retains the look, adds protection and improves the grip.

23. number84 macrumors 6502

+1 for BSE...and cheaper than most of the other skins as well.