iPad Skin Reviews Thread

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by jamesthegator, Apr 7, 2010.

1. jamesthegator macrumors member

Hey everyone, proud owner of a 16GB WiFi iPad. So far I am absolutely loving it. I did purchase the Apple case, and I like it for when the iPad leaves the home. However, I would like to purchase a skin primarily for finger print reduction and scratch protection.

I almost always have skins on my phones and ipods, and have used Best Skins Ever and Invisible Shield. I like those brands, but don't love them. I especially don't like the "orange peel" texture both brands have. Not such a big deal on an ipod classic or cell phone, but I think that would be ultra annoying on the iPad.

I know there have been a few threads discussing specific skins, but I wanted to start a thread comparing skins.

So, if you have a skin, please post impressions, pictures, etc.

2. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

BSE is by far the best, especially since they are cheapest, I use them on my iPhone and MacBook, however only on the back and not the glass. I used to use a PowerSupport Crystal Film for my iPhone but since then have taken it off my iPhone and frankly don't need it. I would suspect the same for the iPad though some are indicating that a film (not orange peel but film) will be best for the iPad, especially in matte to reduce glare and reflection.

3. taskmanager macrumors regular

4. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Yeah, I don't have anything against xo, never used them. I would urge people to stay away from BGz and IS is iffy sometimes. BSE has always been a great a better priced product for me. I'm sure the xo is also very good.

5. Baltika09 macrumors member

Thinking of getting a skin and screen protector myself. Anyone heard if DLO will be making ipad skins? The one for my iPhone is great.

6. jedolley macrumors 68000

Of the "self healing" scratch resistant skins, I've tried Zagg, BSE, and Phantomskinz. Zagg and BSE are very similar where they feel thicker, and tacky which IMO is not ideal for touch screens. Phantomskinz (which I just got finished installing on my iPad), is smooth, there is no resistance when my finger glides on it. BSE may be the cheaper regular price skin, but I've never paid full price for a Phantomskinz. They are regularly doing some sort of promo 20-35% off. My iPad skin (screen only) was $12.97 + $.98 shipping after discount which makes it cheaper than BSE Screen Only.

7. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

I would wholeheartedly recommend getting both a front and back skin from BSE. They've actually updated their skins recently, and made vast improvements. Their old skins were a bit tacky to touch, and definitely had the orange peel effect, but the new version of their product is far smoother, almost as smooth as iPad or iPhone glass, and with almost NO orange peel.

$20 well spent in my opinion.

8. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I have a BSE on my iPad right now and it's great, very smooth.

9. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

Do you have it on the front screen?

10. jedolley macrumors 68000

The BSE skin I ordered was earlier this month (for another device). I still found it thick and tacky compared to Phantomskinz.

I installed my Phantomskinz last night and it's looking good. One thing I was surprised about since it's not an intended or advertised feature is that the skin hide fingerprints pretty well. I don't know how it compares to the AF screens posted in this forums, but it's a huge improvement over the glass.

11. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

No way, i'm waiting for Powersupport.

12. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

Any idea why its taking them so long to make them available? I sent them an email last week but did not get any reply