iPad Smart Covers - RED (Best Place to order in UK?)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MaxusHastings, Mar 27, 2011.

1. MaxusHastings macrumors member

Hi Guys,

Finally secured my Tesco order on friday and its being delivered tomorrow (Tracking number and all!).

I am wanting to pickup a RED Smart Cover, but apple shows a 2-3 week lead time and the usual Currys, PC World, etc dont seem to stock this particular type of cover.

Anyone know the best place to go? (Except Apple).

Thanks!

Maxus

2. ascender macrumors 68000

If its a Product Red special edition, Apple might be the only place you can get it from as I know that's been the case with some of the other stuff they've done. Is it just a red cover or a Product Red cover?

3. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

Do you have any idea of what you are talking about? He is talking about the red smart cover.

4. MaxusHastings thread starter macrumors member

Hey ascender :)

It's a product red case that I am after, so looks like I may be stuck with the crazy 2-3 week lead time for delivery. Should of ordered it sooner, ah well.

If anyone know a place to get then besides apple the I am all ears otherwise looks like I have a fun wait and a naked iPad to look forward too.

Thanks,

Maxus

5. GeekPill macrumors member

6. MaxusHastings thread starter macrumors member

7. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

He knows what he is talking about. It's an apple exclusive. Says so on apples site. It's a product red apple store exclusive case. Out here in the states it's the hardest to get.

8. GeekPill macrumors member

NP, but if you dont want to wait and you are near an Apple Store listed here http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/storelist/ they have plenty in Stock.

9. MaxusHastings thread starter macrumors member

Thanks Geek - Sadly my nearest apple store is in the dead centre of london (a good hours+ Trip). Has anyone seen improvements with apple shipping times on their cases...? Are they as horrific a the site makes out...?

10. GeekPill macrumors member

What about Bluewater or Lakeside? From where you are is it easier to get out to either one of those shopping centres.

11. spinstorm macrumors 65816

Place an order online because although it says 3-4 weeks I did that and I got one in 2 days. They have stock in the UK.