iPad Smart Covers?...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Kal-037, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Kal-037 macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    ... Some of the things I really like the iPad Airs and Minis more than the Pro for is the colorful Smart Covers (they add personality and identity to the iPads.) I am curious since I had an Air 2 Red Smart Cover that seems to fit the 1st Air, does anyone think the Mini 2 Smart Covers will fit the mini 4? I like the Orange color they added and also don't want the ones I have to just go to waste. :)

Kal.

2. oldwren macrumors 6502

oldwren

The mini 4 is taller than previous generations, so older Smart Covers won't fit properly.

3. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

No, it won't fit. Apple has them listed separately on the website. As stated earlier, they are physically taller. I've got a couple that will go to waste myself, unless I decide to keep the Mini 2, but that in itself would be a waste.

4. Kal-037 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    Darn, I like 2 of the new colors but the rest are rubbish. I like the bright more traditional colors like Red, Blue, Orange, Yellow, and White. none of this "stone" and light pink junk.

5. oldwren, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015

oldwren macrumors 6502

oldwren

The silver/white mini + new blue Smart Cover look pretty together. Very Apple Store-ish.

[​IMG]

6. CaptMarvel macrumors 6502a

CaptMarvel

is protection that covers the front and not the back all that smart? :eek:

7. oldwren macrumors 6502

oldwren

8. z31fanatic macrumors 6502a

z31fanatic

Everything is smart in Apple world, didn't you know? ;)

9. addictzz macrumors 6502

That's why they have Apple Genius, don't they? ;)

10. Leonick macrumors newbie

I think the smart part is that what is essentially travel protection for the screen can also be used as a stand. It's not smart protection, it's protection that is smart.

Besides the aluminium back hardly needs as much protecting as the glass front.

11. bransoj macrumors 6502a

I've used a smart cover only on my iPad since i got it a few years ago and its never been an issue.

12. Vegasm macrumors newbie

Vegasm

Am I the only one that's annoyed by the fact Apple makes you buy 2 cases instead of the previous Smart Case for iPad Mini 2/3 etc.?

Right now you're forced to buy a seperate front and back protective cover.. I have to say it's a smart move from Apple, but as a customer I'm not happy :( I liked my Smart Case!

13. bigcat macrumors 6502

yeah, smart + back = $100 ouch

14. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

For some, nothing less than an Otterbox Defender is smart. :D

For me, I go with a smart cover and carefully cover the back with clear contact paper. Protects from scratches, inexpensive, and offers a nice grip.

15. Denmac1 macrumors 6502a

Denmac1

They do have a Smart Case. Works well on my Air 2.

16. newellj macrumors 601

For me and the universe of my expected drops, the full smart case works very well. The leather back provides a fair bit of drop protection as long as you're talking about a somewhat soft surface (linoleum, carpet, etc. - not hardwood, stone, etc.).

17. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

I got a .59 cent Moko promotional case from Amazon today. Now waiting for 2 things. My Mini 4 and Apple to release a leather case. I also ordered a Skinomi® TechSkin - Apple iPad Air Screen Protector + Full Body Skin Protector and will apply the full body skin to the back, hopefully Thursday.
    Granted the Moko is not a full time or even long term protector, but is something I can use till I'm all set. I have used a Moko in the past on other devices and they work just fine for an interum period.

18. Ledgem macrumors 65816

Ledgem

Is the silicone casing for the back grippy? I like to prop my iPad up against a computer monitor or have it laying on inclined surfaces. If it were "naked" it would slide down. Previously I've been using an Otterbox Defender case, which has a rubberized exterior that is nice and grippy. I'm wondering if the silicone cases are similar.

19. newellj macrumors 601

Does anyone have any guesses on whether the all-leather SmartCases are going to be available for the Mini 4?

20. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie