iPad Snatchers

Discussion in 'iPad' started by w00t951, Aug 7, 2011.

1. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

I was on the train from Daegu to Seoul at around 9PM yesterday. I was listening to music and sleeping.

Sometime after I boarded, my seat neighbor sat down. I later saw that he was dressed in raggy clothes that looked as if they hadn't been washed in 5 years. He also smelled like Satan's butthole.

Anyway, this guy didn't do anything until about 10 minutes from the next stop. After waiting, he unplugged my headphones and stuffed my iPad into his torn-up duffle bag.

About five minutes later, I woke up, and the guy did this comical dead-guy impression to make it look like he was sleeping. I immediately saw that my iPad was missing, and that my headphones were unplugged. Then I saw the corner of my iPad sticking out of this guy's bag.

I punched the guy's testicles, and opened his bag. The guy had an Android phone (I can never tell which ones they are), a PSP, and a set of nice Sennheiser headphones. They were obviously not his, and he was obviously a thief. He had probably been waiting until the last minute before a stop to steal someone's stuff, and then rabbit before anyone could do anything.

I reported his seat number and the contents of his bag to the train company.

Anyone have similar experiences?

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Who punches a fellow in the bag?

3. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

I would've done that if he stole my stuff. Actually kick his sack before anything else.

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

5. Des Zac macrumors regular

Good for you, the guy deserved it, I'm tolerant of almost anybody, but I cannot stand petty thieves.

6. Mochi Hana macrumors 6502a

Mochi Hana

This sentence made me laugh. Anyway, I'm glad you didn't let him get away with stealing your iPad. :)

7. WissMAN macrumors regular

WissMAN

By far the best, most harrlious question to a story I have EVER heard. Simply awesome.

***** great! Blueroom!

8. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

9. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Please tell me after you punched him in the nuts that you took your iPad back. You excluded this part of the story.

10. w00t951 thread starter macrumors 68000

w00t951

I indeed took back my iPad. By the way, his genitals were perfectly placed for punching, as we were both sitting in reclining seats.

11. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Glad you got your iPad back and probably stopped the thief from breeding.
    I just pictured the thought process something like the Terminators. Sort of a list of possible responses with "Punch him in the Nuts" as the most desirable option.
    [​IMG]

12. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

If only my friend was as lucky.

This happened about a year back. She was at a fast food outlet, placed her bag on the chair, turned her back for just one moment, and the bag got stolen. Never found the culprit, and security footage wasn't conclusive.:(

Stuff lost:
    Laptop (issued by the university, so she had to pay them back)
    Blackberry
    Car keys (thankfully, car not taken)
    Wallet (with cash/cards/personal identification)
    Thumbdrive (with all her uni assignments inside, and deadline was like next week)

Nothing made by apple, but the crime was no less henious. ;)

Some misc other stuff, but the items above were of the most value.

We would have loved to find that culprit and string him up by the balls on the flag pole. :mad:

13. SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

I almost died when I read that. :D Holy crap, this needs to be submitted to the "Best Of MacRumors" or something of the like. If this story is indeed the real-deal, I commend you for doing the right thing by limiting his ability to reproduce. Great story!

I can't stand scumbags. I've had people eyeing my stuff, and I'm a person that rarely has my iDevices left out in the open just because. Someone was eyeing an iPod of mine on a desk out in an unnamed location, and after about 10 glances, I put it in my bag. I could see the person making a motion and an irritated facial expression relative to "crap, missed my chance"... Sometimes humanity disappoints me.

Totally understandable that you were listening to music on yours though. The fact that he went as far as unplugging your device connected to your head to steal it is unreal... I would have taken his entire bag, tried to reach contacts stored in them, and submitted the rest to authorities. Good job submitting his info, too.

14. stevenlangley1 macrumors regular

stevenlangley1

15. ratboy90 macrumors 6502

ratboy90

hahahaha nut punch. but I guess stuff like this can happen anywhere.

16. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

sounds like you may have had a near death experience in the past :eek: