"iPad Snivelers: Put Up or Shut Up"

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sassenach74, Feb 1, 2010.

1. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Seems like the polar opposite of a logically structured rebuttal. Sounds more like a rant, honestly.

And the ultimate irony,

Surprised gizmodo actually published this, tbh.

3. sassenach74 thread starter macrumors 65816

sassenach74

I'm fairly surprised to considering they usually (to me anyway) appear to be a bit anti-apple. Maybe I'm wrong about that?

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

5. lee.anderson macrumors regular

lee.anderson

The way some people talk about it, it's like Steve Jobs personally slapped their mother in the face with an iPad. But the article in question is more like a rant to be honest.

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I didn't bother reading it
    I figure I can make my own mind up when it comes out

I don't need someone else telling me whether or not I want one
    Especially when they haven't got one anyway

It is the hot topic right now
    To be "read" you have to rail on it or praise it as the answer to world peace

Everybody wants to be a part of the hype machine
    Bloggers unite!

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

7. 3N16MA macrumors 65816

3N16MA

Gizmodo is very much pro Apple. I think the editors are bigger fanboys than some people here on MacRumors.

8. sassenach74 thread starter macrumors 65816

sassenach74

I didn't realise that, but then, it's not very often I visit the site, this article just came over via rss and I figured I'd take a look

9. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

I think this article was great in that. I understand that a product has a love it and hate it people. But it's like every topic of that has something related to the iPAD, has someone whining about the iPAD.

It just annoys me in that, it sways away from the main argument of the post and so i have to filter out the people who write "will not buy an iPAD" and look for people who are talking about the topic at hand.

it's like the Kobe vs MJ argument. Anywhere there's a kobe post, there are MJ fans uniting. And anywhere there's a MJ post, Kobe fans unite.

We can't win on the internet. I'm glad he said what he needed to say.

10. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

The real contest won't be iPad VS netbook. It will be iPad VS every other tablet that shows up this year. I've got the Archos 9 tablet, and while it doesn't have the best Touch UI (comparing it to my iPod Touch) it does support flash in the browser, includes a web cam, has a USB port, runs any Windows app I want to install on it, multitasks, and so on.

It also take 2 minutes to boot up, has a smaller screen, uses a hard drive instead of Flash Memory, and weighs 1/4lb more than the iPad. I consider these all as bad points.

The dangerous thing about it is that they got so close. A 64gb SSD in it and a better version of Win7 would have remedied most of it's faults and cost about the same as the 64gb iPad. A company with greater buying power should be able to make a competitive tablet for less. There are several companies with Tablets in the works. One or more will get it right.

11. SwooshOU macrumors newbie

Excellent article.

It's really all about freedom. Apple is free to create the technological ecosystem they want. And we are all free to join in if we want to.

Likewise, we are all free to complain about it and if Apple thinks it will affect their bottom line, they'll change things.