Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

feyser83

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
Hey,

one little question - i arrive in new york at saturday and i like to buy some ipad at the apple store on 5th avenue.

do they have enough in stock or sold out already? i need 7 32gb and 2 16gb models.

what about best buy? already sold out?

i need the info very quick. thank you for your help!

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Limit 2 per person

feyser83

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
okay, but are they in stock at the apple store?

can i go in buy two of them and hours later again buy two?

Pared

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2007
How about you actually try calling the store?

Novel concept, really.

mykoljay

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2008
yeh, call them. i don't think they are sold out. There are 4 stores in manhattan alone (+ a bunch of bestbuys).

feyser83

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
i came from germany, try to call the store but no luck to came through the waiting queue...

okay i can buy two, no chance to get more??

master-ceo

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
The SUN
let me get this straight. You can find this forum on the net, but you cant find the apple site or do a simple google search for other stores in the area and call them?

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Really no point in calling until you get to the states. You might be able to buy more than 2 if you go to different stores and also best buy and apple stores. Apple could always check the credit card to see if it was already used for ipad purchases but I doubt they will.

feyser83

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
okay, there are 4 stores in NY, can i buy 2 in each store? i pay in cash

below sea level

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2009
Maybe you can get more than 2 if you pay cash. Maybe not. The new runner system means they take your name and email address when you buy one.

Try it and let us know.

FotoDirk

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2010
Don't forget you have to return to Germany.
With 9 iPADs in you case you might get some questions at the airport.

wombat888

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2008
A clever man will be able to figure out a way to buy more than two.

Inventory should not be a problem in NYC.

feyser83

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
dont think so, i have to add 19% tax to the us price at the duty when i arrive in germany

ddarko

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2007
feyser83,

No one can provide an answer what the stock will be at the NYC Apple stores a couple days from now when you arrive but as others have said and I can personally say as a Manhattan resident, stocks at the 5th Avenue and 68th and Broadway Apple stores have been fine this week for both models you mentioned. Word of advice: avoid the 5th Ave store if you can. It is an absolute zoo, more crowded than I have ever seen it. The store on the Upper West Side at 68th and Broadway is not far away from the 5th Ave store, easily walkable and without the crowds. Don't forget there's also the store in Soho, which may be as crowded as 5th Ave, and the Meatpacking District, a quieter store like the Upper West Side counterpart.

RunOverProducti

macrumors regular
Dec 26, 2008
Hey,

one little question - i arrive in new york at saturday and i like to buy some ipad at the apple store on 5th avenue.

do they have enough in stock or sold out already? i need 7 32gb and 2 16gb models.

what about best buy? already sold out?

i need the info very quick. thank you for your help!

Hi I went to purchase one at the Soho store in NYC but they were sold out of 16Gb and 32Gb, only 64Gb.

The rep. was kind enough to check availability on West 14th and Midtown, he said they had it at the 14th st. So I went and picked a 32Gb, but the 32Gb is selling more.

Call and find out before running around like I did.;)

This thing is awesome, seriously the only time I'm touching my iPhone is when I'm out and about, at home iPad.

MSUSpartan

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2008
feyser83,

No one can provide an answer what the stock will be at the NYC Apple stores a couple days from now when you arrive but as others have said and I can personally say as a Manhattan resident, stocks at the 5th Avenue and 68th and Broadway Apple stores have been fine this week for both models you mentioned. Word of advice: avoid the 5th Ave store if you can. It is an absolute zoo, more crowded than I have ever seen it. The store on the Upper West Side at 68th and Broadway is not far away from the 5th Ave store, easily walkable and without the crowds. Don't forget there's also the store in Soho, which may be as crowded as 5th Ave, and the Meatpacking District, a quieter store like the Upper West Side counterpart.

Just was at the Fifth Ave store. They're all out. I've been contemplating getting one and finally broke down. Maybe it's just not meant to be... Haha

elmo151

Jul 3, 2007
NYC
Just was at the Fifth Ave store. They're all out. I've been contemplating getting one and finally broke down. Maybe it's just not meant to be... Haha

odd; I went over Monday morning[72 hours ago]. no line--lots in stock---the whole deal took 10 minutes

MSUSpartan

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2008
odd; I went over Monday morning[72 hours ago]. no line--lots in stock---the whole deal took 10 minutes

Yea... I had a Genius Bar appt 2 nights ago to get my batter replaced on the MBP and they had stock then too. Oh well, a couple posts up leads me to believe the other stores have stock. I might go check them out tomorrow.

Larsib

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2008
anyone got updates on NYC stores? I`ve already ordered the 3G version, but can`t wait, so think I`ll get the WiFi version too.. and yes, I know I can call the store, but don`t have time to sit on the phone all day while at work.. I`m prob
going to try and stop by the UWS store...

A Macbook Pro

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2009
anyone got updates on NYC stores? I`ve already ordered the 3G version, but can`t wait, so think I`ll get the WiFi version too.. and yes, I know I can call the store, but don`t have time to sit on the phone all day while at work.. I`m prob
going to try and stop by the UWS store...

You rich nerds frustrate me in more ways then one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.