Ipad sound issues

Discussion in 'iPad' started by joltaxt, Apr 10, 2011.

1. joltaxt macrumors regular

My iPad's sound sometimes does not work. For example right now, AB and Baseball apps do not have sound. But other apps do. Multipong didn't have sound, then it crashed a couple of times and had sound again. AB doens't have sound probably 10% of the time I use it. I feel like just leaving the iPad alone for a few hours fixes the issue which makes no sense.

Anyone else having issues with apps sounds disappearing off/on? How to fix it?

2. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Try restarting your iPad and don't run too many apps in the background.

Some Apps start to act real weird when the iPad is under a heavy work load.

3. stringbeanie macrumors 6502

I'm having the same problem only it involves even the system sounds. For example, I have the lock sounds and keyboard sounds enabled and they aren't working. I have checked that it isn't in mute and the volume is up. Some apps also don't have sound. I have reset/restarted and no fix.

4. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

Is it a new iPad? Did you change the switch position before changing the function in settings? This happened to me. I immediately turned my "rotation lock" on, then changed it from mute to rotation lock in settings. Although it was indicating sound was on it wasn't. Go back to settings, turn it back to mute, turn the switch off, change setting to rotation lock and then flick the switch to on position.

5. rovex macrumors 65816

No, but the placement of the speaker was all wrong. alas, I make use of the grill to grate my parmesan onto my pasta. Works a treat!