Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vwgm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
Hi, Just want to point out that GroovyStand have a new model called "Writer"
It is nice and small and is very stable for typing in portrait or landscape. Very inexpensive also. http://www.groovystand.com

ipad123

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2010
Hi, Just want to point out that GroovyStand have a new model called "Writer"...

Have you used this stand? Curious to see if the wood could possibly scratch the iPad. Very nice and great little stand to have these around the house or at work.

Thanks for sharing.

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT
this is what im looking for, the "writer"
but the problem is i have the belkin case. if this one fit with belkin. it will going to be less 5degree on both i bet.

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
this is what im looking for, the "writer"
but the problem is i have the belkin case. if this one fit with belkin. it will going to be less 5degree on both i bet.

He states that they have one that has a wider grove for cases like the Belkin. I'll let ya know when I get mine as I just ordered the black one with extra wide groove. I figure I'll give it a shot!

What I would like to see on their site is a photo of each color of stand holding the iPad in both slots and Also a nice photo showing an iPad with the Belkin Case with the extra wide grooves.

I know I could make one but I don't have the tools so I figure I will give them a little business and support the iPad accessory industry!--)))))

Prices are 14.95 USD for the dual groove and 18.95 USD for the wider dual groove. ( Although less wood should be the same price as all they do is rout out a larger groove) Anyways plus shipping.

IM hoping there is either a felt cloth on the bottom or preferably some rubber feet to grip to the surface the stand is on.

Will let ya's know just how fast it gets here and how it is in real life!--)) ;):D

IM tired of waiting for the other stands to come out and the ones I like are all metal which appear to cover the back of the iPad where the antennas are so this simpler stand may suit my purpose better.

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
Well I promised a review and here it is:

I still have not received it! :mad:

I have written to the site via their contact and asked what my tracking number was 1 week after I ordered and he stated that there is no tracking number because he wanted to save on shipping charges it's coming normal mail.

OK fine, so another week goes by and still no stand. So I launch off another email asking him exactly where he's located and when could I expect the stand. His reply was simple. He stated " and to answer your wish IM in Canada!"

Well that's nice, but ya know Canada is a large country from the east to west coast!--)))

Today makes it very close to 3 weeks and still no stand.

So that's my review for now--))) Bottom line here is, if I don't get it by the end of next week which will be 1 month since order date and 3 weeks since I was told that it shipped, I will have no recourse other then to contact my CC which I used through the Groovy stand pay pal link and pursue a charge back to my card and cancel the order and let pay pal and my CC deal with this guy!

This was not a complicated order and is a simple wooden stand.

I can not recommend the Groovy Stand obviously or do a review! It's a shame as I really thought it would serve the purpose.

Very disappointed in this guy and his lack of following through in a timely manner! :rolleyes:

If I ever do get this next week I will still post a review. As of now I have serious doubts about their being serious to do business with. For now I advise to stay away!

If anyone else has ordered from them, please state how long it took for you to get it and what your thoughts are. Thanks!

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
He states that they have one that has a wider grove for cases like the Belkin. I'll let ya know when I get mine as I just ordered the black one with extra wide groove. I figure I'll give it a shot!

What I would like to see on their site is a photo of each color of stand holding the iPad in both slots and Also a nice photo showing an iPad with the Belkin Case with the extra wide grooves.

I know I could make one but I don't have the tools so I figure I will give them a little business and support the iPad accessory industry!--)))))

Prices are 14.95 USD for the dual groove and 18.95 USD for the wider dual groove. ( Although less wood should be the same price as all they do is rout out a larger groove) Anyways plus shipping.

IM hoping there is either a felt cloth on the bottom or preferably some rubber feet to grip to the surface the stand is on.

Will let ya's know just how fast it gets here and how it is in real life!--)) ;):D

IM tired of waiting for the other stands to come out and the ones I like are all metal which appear to cover the back of the iPad where the antennas are so this simpler stand may suit my purpose better.

Lets folks with the Apple iPad Case know as well....

Like the Writer Dual here - just wonder how stable for vertical orientation... have a day or so to return the Apple BT keyboard here...

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
Chip,

Sorry but I don't understand your post. This thread is about the Groovy wooden stand and IM not clear about your post and the iPad Case issue you mention? :confused:

Again, if anyone has had better luck then I have dealing with Groovy Stand please post here in this thread for the benefit of all. Thanks! ;)

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
Matty,
Finally got mine! See my review with pics! I have had it for about a week now and other then some minor finish issues I have listed, I really like it. Both angles are great and it's portable.

I use it all the time at work and home and I will order another one! ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.