iPad Ipad "stand" or case to type with apple keyboard

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Souli, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Souli macrumors member

May 16, 2010
    my mother uses an ipad 4 almost exclusively as her only pc at the moment and I wanted to buy her a keyboard. After looking around a bit I'll probably buy her the apple wireless bluetooth keyboard since it seems this is the one with best typing experience out there.
    What I need is something like that Incase Origami where I just place the ipad in so it is secure and doesn't fall over when I touch the display. Which other "stands" or cases should I look at besides the Incase one? At the moment she uses the full Smart Case from Apple http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD579LL/A/ipad-smart-case-polyurethane-product-red?fnode=3b so either that stand is able to take an ipad with that cover on (since she won't bother to put it on and off all the time) or I need a cover different that has the option to put the ipad into a solid writing stance.
  2. Anthony81586 macrumors regular

Oct 15, 2011
    you can also look into the SwitchEasy Canvas. It's a folio type case but they are absolutely awesome. SwitchEasy is one of my favorite case companies. Also Twelve South makes something called a "compass" which is specifically just a collapsible stand that you can prop your ipad on. Check them both out and let me know what you think.
  3. macaholicsanon macrumors newbie

May 18, 2013

There is a case called the TouchType case that is pretty cool and the apple keyboard fits right in the case with your iPad.
  4. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Nov 27, 2010
  5. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Feb 25, 2013