Ipad standby time

Discussion in 'iPad' started by aoaaron, May 3, 2012.

1. aoaaron macrumors 6502

My iPad on lock still drains pretty quick? Like over 12 hours drops 30% is this normal ? I have the 3G wifi version

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Sounds a little fast on the drain.

If you have push notifications active on iPad and on WIFI, it has to keep wifi radio alive in order to receive those notifications. It also flashes the screen.

I went through and wiped out lockscreen notifications from my ipad so the screen never wakes up when it's sitting locked in standby.

3. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

That's a little alarming. I lose at most maybe 1-2% on standby over an entire day.

Try turning off notifications and 3G? Or maybe there's something running in the background.

4. aoaaron thread starter macrumors 6502

It's locked by the smart cover. Is that why maybe? I.e. it's really awake?

I would turn off 3G wifi notifications but isn't that a bit pedantic to do every time?

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

No, my iPad is locked by Smart Cover all the time and it doesn't drain that fast. I'd take it to an Apple Store to have it looked at. Never mind fiddling with 3G, wifi and notifications, I have them all turned on, and it still doesn't drain when not being actively used.

6. number84 macrumors 6502

^ +1. I have everything turned on and see very minimal decrease while on standby.

7. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

How about before prescribing a Genius Bar visit he tells us exactly what he does have running? The guy might have some rogue app that's causing this, or he might receive a thousand notifications an hour. We just don't know enough yet.

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Even if that is the case, which I think is unlikely, Genius Bar has diagnostic software that can track down such issues. Much simpler than a bunch of forum posters trying to remote diagnose the issue.

9. ZipZap macrumors 601

Notifications, push, email

Check these things.

Make sure nothing is running in the foreground when you close the cover.