iPad: Still - on the fence due to iPhone HD

Discussion in 'iPad' started by HungryWriter, Apr 4, 2010.

1. HungryWriter macrumors newbie

HungryWriter

I was going to preorder then decided against it. Realized, for the money, I have to think twice before jumping the gun. Then I hear rumors of the iPhone HD and I'm thinking, wow - that's where my money should go.

That being said, I'm still thinking about getting the iPad this week.

Most reviews are positive, but some aren't.

Who is still on the fence?

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

**** the iPhone. I may get rid of mine now, seriously.

3. jeffy777 macrumors 6502

It's almost painful to go back to the small screen after using an iPad for a day.

4. auero macrumors 65816

I think many kept their iPhone for the web experience. I don't know many who enjoy the 'phone' aspect of it. They only care for the data. In fact, I bet apple would sell even more if you could only buy data plans (at&t)

5. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

They'd sell a ton if they split the plans and let people buy either just voice, just data, or both as they want.

I used an iPad for a few minutes yesterday and it's already making my iPhone feel small. I plan on keeping my 3G for a while but the iPad may make me reconsider getting the newest iPhone when it comes out for a while.

6. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

I certainly can't agree with that. The iPhone is by far the best phone I've ever owned.

7. hchavarria macrumors 6502

I actually like my iPhone and like the development community it has for apps. I for one don't expect to let go of the iPhone and I use my iPad mostly at home but when I am out I like my iPhone since it had the best experience out there in my opinion. Everything works great the way it should on my iPhone. The only thing I was missing was multitasking and I took care of that.

8. auero macrumors 65816

I'm not talking in sense of 'phone' physically. I mean the actual phone functionality. It's personal preference really but I feel as my blackberry is more comfortable to make and receive calls on...plus I can actually HEAR them on it. The speakerphone is a joke on the iphone and the headset is just way too low when your in a slightly noisier environment.

9. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

iPhone:iPad as motorcycle:SUV.

If you are in an either or situation then pick the pen that fits your needs. I love my iPad but my iPhone is more important to me b/c I'm not going to schelp my iPad + phone around 24/7. The idea is to carry less things around.

10. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

I love my iPhone, and I love my iPad too! I will definitely use both and will get the new iPhone. I hardly use my iPhone for watching movies and will use the iPad a lot for that purpose.

11. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I am keeping both simply because my iPad is not a phone.

12. DaveGee macrumors 6502a

I'm with you on this one... but I also think (for me anyway) my modus operandi has a LOT to do with it. I'm home quite a bit when compared to most and do not get an enormous amount of benefit from the iPhone since my eyes simply have a hard time reading crap that small. No, I'm not 90 years old but I am terminally ill and I'm closer to 50 than I am to 30 so YES my 'wild times' are all but a fuzzy memory.

Anyhow, the iPad is clearly a device I've been dreaming about and the fact that it's not a phone doesn't phase me one bit. My iPhone... I dunno, I'll likely drop it from my plan and replace it with something simple.

In fact, the money I save on my data plan will actually PAY for my iPad! :) :)

(in my best Carl the grounds keeper voice) Which is... nice.

Now that being said... Yes, I know the majority of you are more mobile than me (with far better eyes) and grew up in a world of IMing and my hats off to ya... You'd be nuts to think the iPad could replace your iPhone. Me... I don't text... ever.. just not something I ever saw the point in. I don't blog or youtube or twitter or any other crap like that...