Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emjaycee18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
I live in New England, and it's getting cold. I commute to work via train, and my iPad is in heavy use during my commute. Typically my iPad is stored in my backpack which is always in the mudroom of my house. My mud room is "in" my house, but the room itself is not heated.

Will constantly exposing my iPad to the upcoming cold temperatures effect it's performance/usability, or is this part of normal using since it is a portable device.

The reason that my backpack is kept in my mudroom is because I vape, and my nicotine e-juice is in my backpack as well. I can lock the doors to the mudroom in a way to keep my kids out so they don't get at anything in my bag.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
I would go and check what Apple says regarding the operating temperatures of the iPad. If it's being used in colder circumstances than what the manufacturer says, it might result in a less battery life or maybe damage the battery even.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.