iPad stuck after PwnageTool Restore

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by infine0n, Apr 2, 2011.

1. infine0n macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I have an iPad 16GB. I tried to jailbreak with PwnageTool, and everything went smooth with restoring with custom firmware in iTunes, so it seems!

After the restore is complete, the iPad stays in Recovery Mode, and all I get is a black screen (as if the iPad was off), but when I plug it into my Macbook or PC, it shows up as in Recovery Mode in iTunes every time!

I have spent hours trying to get it to work. I've tried 4.2.1, 4.2.1 custom jailbreak, 4.3.1, then back to 4.2.1. Still nothing! I am stumped at this point. I have tried holding the power button, holding the power button as well as the home button, and the iPad will not do anything unless it is plugged into a computer.

I have tried TinyUmbrella's "Fix Recovery," which brings it to a white screen, then says unable to find gbdevlist etc. etc.

I have tried a soft reset, nothing works...

The iPad shows nothing on the screen, and has not shown anything since I started working on it, except when I try to use a program on the computer such as TinyUmbrella. I can click fix recovery, and it shows a white screen on the iPad, then it shows "unable to find gbdevlist etc. etc."

or I can use PwnageTool process, and it actually let's me restore in iTunes after I have it "pwned."

iTunes shows the iPad in "Recovery Mode" every time I connect it, but it gives me errors when I try to restore, unless I use PwnageTool process...

also I can use greenpois0n jailbreak process, it starts to work right away and it shows the process on the iPad, but when it is done and says it is rebooting, it just goes blank and stays like that and iTunes still says it is in Recovery Mode. :(

I am totally stumped at this point, someone please help me!

Thank you

2. infine0n thread starter macrumors newbie

When I restore (after I have it "pwned" with PwnageTool in iTunes), it restores, but after it is done verifying the restore, it goes back to black screen in DFU recovery mode :(

Please help!

3. gandygen macrumors newbie

This is a tethered jailbreak. Try to use iBooty to boot it from the DFU state after the installation.

4. infine0n thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried running iBooty, it does it's thing, but it keeps looping and you can hear the Windows sound effect when you plug something in and unplug it, and it just keeps doing that over and over.

5. gandygen macrumors newbie

Try to restore the original firmware and then use the sn0wbreeze jailbreak.

6. infine0n thread starter macrumors newbie

I was finally able to restore to 4.3.1 after using iBooty and iTunes. Thank you for your help!