Resolved iPad stuck at boot screen. I prostrate before you, please save me!

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by loraxian, Oct 5, 2011.

1. loraxian, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2011

loraxian macrumors newbie

I recently updated my iPad 1 to iOS 4.3.5 and therefore had to re-jailbreak. I used redsn0w .9.9b1. So things went all fine and dandy with the jailbreaking, and I disconnected it from my computer and connected it to the USB-to-AC charger. I then went straight to Cydia to install SBSettings. After installing, I tapped the Reboot button without considering the fact that it wasn't tethered. Now it's stuck at the boot screen with the little apple logo. It won't turn off and iTunes won't recognize it. At this point i just want a functional iPad. Please tell me I didn't brick it ...

Many thanks.

EDITED TO ADD: Ok, I got it turned off and iTunes tells me it's in recovery mode. Is there anything I can do without restoring?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You didn't brick it. Just put it into DFU mode and rerun redsnow, but select the Just boot tethered option.

3. loraxian thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the prompt response. I selected Just boot tethered, but the Next button in redsn0w is grayed out. If I click Back, the program crashes and Windows tells me it stopped working. Now the iPad is just a black screen and won't turn on.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

5. loraxian thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes.

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I'm not sure what to do at this time. I'm not fully familiar with the new redsn0w version.

7. loraxian thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah. That's a mite disconcerting. Well, I do appreciate your trying.

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Get your ipad out of DFU mode and connect it to the computer with the boot logo showing. Then run redsn0w and select "just boot tethered."

I haven't done this in a while, but that's how I remember doing it.

9. loraxian thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried that last night, and redsn0w was being all wonky and wouldn't let me proceed, but after rebooting my PC I tried again at your suggestion and it worked!

Thank you all very much!