iPad stuck in shipping

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MasterMatt, Jul 26, 2011.

1. MasterMatt, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011

MasterMatt macrumors newbie

According to the following tracking number, the iPad I bought has been in "Clearance in Progress" for almost a day now.

I've been reading online, and in some cases, they need to wait to call me, and get info so that they can bill me for import fees?

My question is, will I have to pay fees, and how likely is it that the package will meet its estimated delivery?

:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

2. lifeguard macrumors 6502

lifeguard

Don't worry I solved your problem and contacted FedEx for you. Its all cleared up. I redirected your package to my house! ;):D

3. MasterMatt thread starter macrumors newbie

4. lifeguard macrumors 6502

lifeguard

5. MasterMatt thread starter macrumors newbie

tell me you're joking.

6. MasterMatt thread starter macrumors newbie

I think you're trolling me. :)

7. SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

This just may be the greatest exchange of all time.

Seriously though, if it's only been a day, I wouldn't worry. Even at a number of days I wouldn't worry. I would worry at a week's time. In the meanwhile, wait patiently and don't obsess over it. Time moves faster not waiting.

It may be on time, it may be late. You may have to pay fees, you may not. Either way, don't obsess. Just let things happen as they happen.

8. MasterMatt thread starter macrumors newbie

Sounds good. Earlier, I had the tracking number posted, which in retrospect was stupid. It it actually possible for that guy to reroute it?

9. lifeguard macrumors 6502

lifeguard

Yes Dude it is possible to reroute a FedEx Package! Don't post tracking numbers on here. And Calm down... like the other guy said you will get one eventually... You will just have to reorder it repay for it and DON'T POST THE TRACKING NUMBER HERE! 3 Days till I get a NEW iPad!

10. SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

He is correct. It is absolutely bad to post a tracking number in a public forum, because that's information which should be kept private. Would you, at the least, want someone to see where your package is and where it's going? At its worst, would you want someone to change its route with that number?

Never give those things out, and think before posting. Even if it was up there for a very short time, that's all it took for lifeguard to get it. What if some little scammer-dude in the middle east got it? He'd have himself a new iPad with no way for you to prove it was taken - all because a legitimate tracking number was used by some source - a tracking number that should be privately yours.

:p Sick, awful, and yet funny.

11. norrismantooth macrumors regular

I think your bigger fear should be not knowing if someone else saw the tracking number, and didn't post...

Say I was just watching this thread, but didn't make it known that I was...

I could've re-routed the package to my place, and you never would've known.

12. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

I don't believe it is actually possible to reroute the iPad package from FedEx. When mine was shipped I wanted to reroute it and when I tried it said I was not allowed to until first delivery attempt failed.

13. lifeguard macrumors 6502

lifeguard

ahhhh My New free iPad arrives tomorrow! Thanks MasterMatt!

14. Tobster3 macrumors 6502

15. Philscbx macrumors regular

Philscbx

I'd order a cover, in case he picked pink paisley.

16. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

HAHA you guys are going to give this guy a heart attack.. Hey at least it's not me :D

But all joking aside I don't think it's possible to do that anymore being you would have to call Apple and they would have to FedEx to have the delivery address changed...

And I'm sure Apple will verify CC# and your correct address before the did that..

James