iPad survives near death experience - Incase NeoPrene Slip Sleeve warning

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Lumpydog, May 9, 2010.

1. Lumpydog macrumors 6502

I own and like the incase neoprene slip sleeve. It comes with a flexible rubber stand that can be used to hold the iPad in landscape mode. You can see it here: http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/neoprene-slip-sleeve-plus-cl57501/5

Don't use it.

I left my iPad on the table next to my couch - on this Incase stand - while I was eating dinner. The table is 3 ft high - on a cement floor. Heard something fall - walked into the room and found the iPad had ejected out of this stand - it fell backwards and was hanging over the edge of the table.

No damage, but it could have been ugly. I wanted to pass along my experience to warn others to not trust the stand.

2. steel magnolia macrumors regular

Get that iPad some help, counseling, medication....whatever it takes but please whatever you do.....get it another stand, your iPad is asking for help.

3. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

Did it's life flash before its eyes?

(ie: was the screen flickering?)

4. Lumpydog thread starter macrumors 6502

Howling - no more stands for this iPad.

5. Mad.Rider macrumors member

6. Peter Harrison macrumors 6502a

Peter Harrison

Flash isn't supported. ;)

7. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

I have the same case/stand.. I found that the stand is more stable when the "legs" are closer together. If you have them spread out far the iPad does want to tip over.
    Try putting the legs toward the center of the iPad about an inch or two apart. That seemed to work better for me..

[___________] Instead of: [____________]
    .......X....X..........................X...............X..

(X's= the stand legs)

8. Jkazmeyer macrumors regular

Wow!!! I have that case as well... Haven't used the stand yet... It seemed a little scary to me... Guess if I need to use it, the key is keeping it close together & never leaving it unsupervised.... Glad I bought the insurance... You might wanna consider it too...

9. DKatri macrumors 6502

fixed.

10. ClaireL macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

LOL! Hilarious.

Anyway, to the OP, I am sure glad your iPad survived it's brush with death!

This is why I'm looking for a very durable protective cover for my iPad. I don't want a pretty cover but one that will def protect it from falls etc.

11. emaja macrumors 68000

They were showing me that stand at the Apple Store when I picked my iPad up and it just didn't look steady at all. After hearing your story, I am glad I passed on it and grabbed a $3 display stand at my local craft store. Very sturdy - and cheap.