Ipad Survivor Case

rickp1

macrumors member
Original poster
May 20, 2012
Hey guys and gals,
I got a Survivor case but the flaps for the speaker and the camera are a PITA to stay open, so I tried to glue some velcro to the back of the flaps to keep them open. Because the rubber is so smooth and soft the glue I tied using didn't really work well and eventually came off.

Anyone have a suggestions to help keep those flaps open or what kind of glue would work well with soft rubber?

thanks

rickp1

macrumors member
Original poster
May 20, 2012
Get a new case. ;)
besides that I really like the case. My girlfriend says I'm an animal and destray everything in my path so this case fits me welll. It's not too heavy and does a good job at protecting my ipad. so far my only critique would be the flap retaining system.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
Hey guys and gals,
I got a Survivor case but the flaps for the speaker and the camera are a PITA to stay open, so I tried to glue some velcro to the back of the flaps to keep them open. Because the rubber is so smooth and soft the glue I tied using didn't really work well and eventually came off.

Anyone have a suggestions to help keep those flaps open or what kind of glue would work well with soft rubber?

thanks
Evostick Serious Glue :) you need to clamp or weight the items for 24 hours after applying the adhesive.

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
Hey guys and gals,

thanks
Most likely a shoe glue would be best

rickp1

macrumors member
Original poster
May 20, 2012
Evostick Serious Glue :) you need to clamp or weight the items for 24 hours after applying the adhesive.

Do you know who sell this? I mean retailers like Home Depot etc..

----------

Most likely a shoe glue would be best
I've considered shoe goo, but i would have to score the 2 items to get them to really stick and the case wont score.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
Hey guys and gals,

thanks
That's why I prefere the Otterbox Defender.

Also this thread is on the wrong board.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
Do you know who sell this? I mean retailers like Home Depot etc..

----------

I've considered shoe goo, but i would have to score the 2 items to get them to really stick and the case wont score.
sorry didnt think about it being local to here. Looks like its not found in the usa. amazon has it cheap!