iPad synced with windows - just ordered a Mac - how to do it properly?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by snowydog, Oct 27, 2011.

1. snowydog macrumors 6502

Hi everyone

Tomorrow I will be receiving my new MBP 13" delivery.

I have been using my dad's windows desktop for a while as my laptop was broke.

Anway - when I went from my laptop to my dad's computer and synced my iPad2...I mustn't have done it right.

Everytime I sync my ipad2 with dad's computer it says about not being the same iTunes library and If I want to sync I will lose my music/pics...something along those lines...

I did de-authorise my laptop and then authorised my dads computer but it didn't seem to fix whatever the problem is.

Now I'm going to want to sync my iPad to my new MBP tomorrow when it arrives but I don't want to lose my library again and have to move all the music off dads computer, on to my laptop and then sync to the iPad2

What's the best way for me to do this process - I mean what steps should I take?

If anyone could help- that would be great?

2. cRuNcHiE macrumors 6502a

You can only sync to one computer.

It sounds like you synced to your now broken laptop. If that laptop library is gone, so is your ability to sync the music.

So if your new computer hasn't got the mp3s etc then ITunes won't be ale to sync them to your iPad , even if they both use the same iTunes account.

This is presuming all your music is ripped and not bought through iTunes.

3. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Right. The library on your dad's computer is not the same library on your laptop (or on your soon to arrive MBP). You have to transfer the library.

Authorization/deauthorization isn't relevant.

4. snowydog thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok - so I need to get the music from my laptop (ripped music) and copy it to my new laptop and then it will be in my library?

New to all this apple stuff so I'm still learning. :eek: