Ipad synching

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Hibernia, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Hibernia macrumors member

Hi guys
    Have an ipad 2 just now and looking at upgrading to new ipad for better screen and doubling my current storage up to 32gb.
    Now ive never synch my pad to my pc since i bought it and currently have at least 2 gaming apps i dont want loose my save games on.

What steps do i need to take to back up my current ipad to save my gaming progress on these apps so when iget my new ipad i can transfer them over? Or is this not even possible?

Hope this makes sense , im not very techy knowledge wise and hoping this is straightword :)

Cheers for any advice.

Hib

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Just plug it in to your PC and back it up to iTunes. If it doesn't backup automatically, you can right-click your iPad in iTunes and do a manual backup.

If you'd rather not use iTunes, you can enable iCloud backups under Settings>iCloud. Then you can do a manual backup from the same area. (It will also backup on its own when plugged in to power and on Wi-Fi.)

3. Hibernia thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for that , it does sound easy enough. After backing up and i have my new pad i just plug that in and select restore or something similar?

As i said im not worried about loosing music and photos ,ihave them backed up elsewhere its more these 2 games ive spent real cash on playing and dont want to loose my months of leveling :)

4. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Yup, just hit 'Restore' and select your backup.

5. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

I'm just doing this now with the new 4. It will ask you to either set up as a new iPad or restore from a previous one (either iTunes or iCloud. It will then restore your apps, folders, contacts etc just as they are on your current iPad.