Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mciarlo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
New York City
The iPad tagline on the homepage and in the marketing appears to have changed from:

"Our most advanced technology in a magical and revolutionary device at an unbelievable price."

to:

"A magical and revolutionary product at an unbelievable price."

Much improved over the previous mouthful.

DanBUK

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2007
The iPad tagline on the homepage and in the marketing appears to have changed from:

"Our most advanced technology in a magical and revolutionary device at an unbelievable price."

to:

Agreed. But still rubbish though.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003

to:

That's because the new Arandale MBPs are their most advanced technology.

agbot

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2007
Silicon Valley
"A magical and revolutionary product at an unbelievable price.

I used my secret decoder ring and TOTALLY CRACKED THE CODE. If you rearrange it just just right, it says "Blarry gloopail nutta veeib blarnn tunuicce and a video camera".

NotTempted

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2010
Estero, Florida

to:

Humm? They have more advanced technology?

Would this be a correction for the typo inferring "there aint no more"

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
What cracks me up are the folks who get bogged down in the semantics of whether or not the thing is "magical" or "revolutionary" at all.

It's marketing copy folks, get past it.

For my part, I believe it is - at least as much so as the iPhone - and that time will bear this out. That's why I'll be using one as my primary computer on Day 1.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
Relax, no one is getting bogged down. Its just a light-hearted discussion.

It sounds like you've not been part of the many threads which start out innocuously enough, only to be dragged down the drain by hair splitting, straw man tactics, circular logic, illogic, and plain irrationality :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.