iPad takes down my whole uverse

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by szymczaksteve, Jan 18, 2012.

1. szymczaksteve macrumors newbie

A few members of my family have iPads. There can be a few of us on our AT&T wireless uverse but seems every other time an iPad jumps on the network all wireless devices looses Internet but all wired devices don't. I checked network settings and it seems the iPad dosent get assigned a DHCP, once someone goes and unplugs the uverse box we are all up and running with out a hitch for the rest of the night. I thought we just had a bad uverse box but, my girlfriend just got an iPad and the same thing is happening at her house with her uverse. Does anyone know a fix for this? Her house is using the default code listed on the side of the box and at mine I changed my code using standard WEP:mad::mad:

2. bjpad2 macrumors member

What is the range of addresses that DHCP will assign? You can define a range of addresses, IOW you can allow it to connect to 1 or 2 or 100 different devices.

3. szymczaksteve thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Sorry for the Long delay I logged into my AT&T uverse box and could not find that option so I was researching it no luck tho. My subnet is 182.168.1.xxx there is no possible way I hit 254 devices.