IPad takes for ever to Charge

laffnvegas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2014
Desert South West
Hi, I have had iPhones for years and also have had 2 iPad minis the most recent is a 4 but several months ago decided to get a Full size iPad 128GB and to my surprise it takes more than 8 hours to charge it. It will not charge from anything plugged into a USB and I can only charge it when it is directly connected to a wall electrical outlet. For the life of me I cannot figure out what is wrong.
Also just under the battery indicator are two on off indicators one is on while the other is off and cannot figure out what those are.
I appreciate any help with this I am thinking it has to be something silly that I need to change in settings.

Thanks,

velocityg4

macrumors 601
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
Yes using the charger that came with the iPad
Are you also using the original USB cable?

Also, just to clarify. Did you get this new through Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller. Just want to rule out a used unit that may have come with a cheap aftermarket charger and cable.

laffnvegas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2014
Desert South West
Are you also using the original USB cable?

Also, just to clarify. Did you get this new through Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller. Just want to rule out a used unit that may have come with a cheap aftermarket charger and cable.
Yes I am using the original USB Cord and I purchased Brand New from Best Buy not pre owned or refurbished.