Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheCableGuy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
I'm struggling with choosing an app to do all of the following well. I'm interested to hear how others meet these needs, which I imagine age very common. From the same base app, I'd like to be able to:

(1) Take copious notes that are searchable (like Notes)
(2) Create To Dos that can be organized into folders and sub folders and be associated with people, places, etc. Ideally, leveraging gps or location services
(3) Create notes and tasks by calling an (800) number (like Reqall)
(4) Get smart reminders via email and text message (again, like Reqall)
(5) Have cloud synching and ability to synch with my iPhone

Am I missing something, or is there a natural need for a tool that integrates the best from apps such as RTM, ToDo, Reqall, Things, etc.? I am NOT an anal retentive taskmaster. Actually, it's quite the opposite. I need the simplified 'Apple' version of task management and I want it on my iPad / iPhone.

Am I dreaming? Why is this so hard?

Thanks...
Does such a thing exist?

alistairg

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2010
I'm looking for this same Utopian application.

Things just isn't viable without proper (OTA) sync. Nothing else I've found comes close :(

akm3

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2007
Souns like you want 'OneNote'.

Perhaps Evernote would work for you? (There was a service whose name I can't remember that allowed voice input notes to be synced to either evernote or remember the milk, I can't recall, but I think you can also sync RTM with Evernote, so maybe that kludgey combination would work)

MarcBelon

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2012
did you find what you're looking for.
I've stumbled accross Beesy, an Ipad note taking app and To-Do manager.
really does exactly what you're asking for, except they don't have the iphone sync yet.
but for the rest, really nice to get your tasks from your to-do without doing anything :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.