iPad 'texting' via iMessages

Discussion in 'iPad' started by littledude8209, Jun 20, 2011.

1. littledude8209 macrumors regular

So, I have been thinking of a really cool way they could implement iMessages with the iPad/iPhone combo. Using the syncing mechanism they are going to use to have all of your conversations between devices anyways, I feel like they could see if you have an iPhone on your account. Then from there, if you want to send text messages from the iPad, it would send the notification over to the iPhone to send the message - while syncing the conversation. Then, once a reply is received, it would be pushed back to the iPad. I am hoping sooner or later they implement this, because it would be really really sweet :D

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

This kind of implementation has a very HP Pre3/TouchPad feel to it.

Get's me all excited in the nether-regions.

3. littledude8209 thread starter macrumors regular

when i fist started thinking about it, all i could think about was the plabook/RIM approach. I quickly realized that this is very different. the playbook lacks features we use regularly on computers and tablets (email) and REQUIRES you to pair a phone to use them. In this aspect - if they decide to implement it - it would add on a feature we don't have to begin with on the iPad. It would make getting your texts and responding to them a very fluid and pleasant experience.

The only thing i kind of want at this point is for them to add iMessages to the mac somehow. When steve said that the mac was getting demoted to just another device, it appeared as if there was this very seamless data integration with all of the ios devices, and then the mac they just synced the data where they could, and didn't really add anything new for icloud to lion.