Ipad... the perfect toilet material?

davidnssbm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2009
Allow me to rephrase. I have the refreshed Imac 27" and i LOVE it. I have an iphone 4 and i LOVE it.

Now when I go poopie, I either use my phone, which works (just like it does laying in bed and cruising the web), but I'm starting to think hmmm... This might be perfect for an iPad.

I can't imagine using an iPad at my work station or by the TV if i have my imac or iphone, so I imagine I would only use my iPad while I go poopie!

What are your thoughts on this?

nickosbad

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2009
Allow me to rephrase. I have the refreshed Imac 27" and i LOVE it. I have an iphone 4 and i LOVE it.

Now when I go poopie, I either use my phone, which works (just like it does laying in bed and cruising the web), but I'm starting to think hmmm... This might be perfect for an iPad.

I can't imagine using an iPad at my work station or by the TV if i have my imac or iphone, so I imagine I would only use my iPad while I go poopie!

Guess where I am right now, posted with my iPad!!!

davidnssbm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2009
But is it really worth the 600 or whatever for just 30 minutes of cruising (I do a lot of "business" if you know what i mean).

Do you find yourself using it in other places? What are the % ratios of where you find yourself using it? for instance:

bed 25%
toilet 15%
couch/coffee table 35%

etc?

bobob

macrumors 68040
Jan 11, 2008
Given the choice, I'm going to stick with a page torn out of the old Sears Catalog over my iPad anyday...

kdarling

macrumors P6
I suspect that reading in the "men's library" is one reason why Apple might come out with a smaller screen iPad that's far lighter.

(Personally, I keep a spare iPod touch permanently in a case on a shelf above the toilet, but I'd love to have a slightly larger screen.)

pdhahn

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2010
Poconos, PA
I can't be expected to sit on the throne with some analog book! This is the future. I demand the best pooping material technology has to offer.

petvas

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2006
Mannheim, Germany

If you ever sell your iPad, I would never buy it!

millar876

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2004
Kilmarnock, Scotland UK
I take mine to the throne, tends to make my visits there a smudge longer than they need to be though, because I usually end up playing tesla wars or angry birds HD or something similar

cujimmy

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2010
The iPad is perfect bog tech. Only thing is I'm running out of things to read. BBC News and Engadget only offer so much.

I want more like this:

http://www.framleyexaminer.com/

First rule of iPads in the toilet: you don't talk about using your iPad in the toilet.
That is so original. I have never heard that particular phrase from Fight Club used out of context for comedic effect. You, sir, are a very witty man.

mixvio

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2009
Sydney, Australia
That is so original. I have never heard that particular phrase from Fight Club used out of context for comedic effect. You, sir, are a very witty man.
Thanks, it was a shot in the dark but I had my fingers crossed that of all the forums on the internet I would happen to catch you and drop that quote there so it would agitate you enough to make a post whining about it.

Victory: me.