iPad thought it was an iPhone, and now...

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by porcupine8, Mar 9, 2012.

1. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

I let my battery run to 0 last night and then completely recharged to 100%, which I thought you're supposed to do every now and then to keep the battery meter synced, right?

But when it charged back up, I turned it on and found that it thought it was an iPhone. Respringing fixed this, but now my icons are a mess. It still has only 16 per screen, and the rest got kicked to the back on new screens - plus any folders that got kicked back there got emptied out and their icons scattered across the screens.

I can fix this all manually, but is there an easy way to put it back how it was?

Also, I'm not planning to restore b/c I'm hoping for a 5.1 jailbreak soon so I figure I'll just wait for that - which means for now, anytime my iPad gets powered down (which isn't often, luckily) it will go back into iPhone mode til I respring - any way to avoid it making this mess when I respring it? Would maybe installing one of the tweaks that lets you put more icons on a page prevent it?

2. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

There is a cydia tweaks that supposedly let you move multiple apps at once. I have tried it with no luck but could have just been user error.

As far as it thinking its an iPhone I know somebody else ha a thread on that and narrowed it down to SBSettings. I chuckled at there thread thinking how much it'd suck if all my apps got dumped out of there folders. Then last night my iPad locked up rebooted and it thought it was an iPhone ugh. However I was able to respring and it all went back to normal

3. DS3 macrumors 6502a

Too late now obviously but there are cydia tweaks to save your icon arrangements too.

And yeah there is "multi icon mover" which lets you checkmark apps and then move them all at once, makes organizing much easier. Worked for me.