iPad to 42" tv

Discussion in 'iPad' started by walbern1, Feb 18, 2011.

1. walbern1 macrumors newbie

When attending trade shows I use my IPad extensively and was wondering if there was a way to output what I have on my screen, either photos or a keynote presentation, to a flatscreen monitor. I would prefer wireless, apple tv maybe?, but would be willing to try anything. I have an extra wireless router if needed as well.

Any feedback is appreciated.

2. Gryzor macrumors 6502

3. hi res macrumors member

hi res

Gryzor, you are far from my favorite person on these boards....but the "**************************" thing is just f'in hilarious.

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Dock Connector to VGA
    Dock Connector to Composite
    Dock Connector to Component

All valid options. The program has to support it, but the Photos app and the iWork apps support it.

TEG

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Went to the Apple Store and bought the iPad to VGA connector...:cool:

6. walbern1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow Gryzor, thanks for all your help, you are such a tremendous resource to the board with your educational and insightful responses.:confused:

If thats all the help you have don't waste the bits typing it out.

7. Gryzor macrumors 6502

So are you trying to say that you actually need more help than being shown exactly what to do?

8. walbern1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Excuse my ignorance. In my experience I have always found that you use google to find out how something should work and a user forum for how it actually does work.

I'm sure you are a knowledgeable guy but really? You think a link to google is useful? That was funny years ago, not so much anymore.

9. PCClone macrumors 6502a

Relax and admit that you just got PUNKED big time and we are all laughing.

10. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

11. windSurfer21 macrumors newbie

Pure laziness. Look at how hard he doesn't want to use Google

12. walbern1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I didn't realize I was on the punked forum. If you guys can't help I understand but don't post then.

13. Gryzor macrumors 6502

Yeah, when the results of a Google search come up with all the answers, I tend to classify that as useful.

Even funnier is the fact that you still use the phrase, "If you guys can't help...", almost admitting that despite being told the answer already in this thread (not a link, an actual answer), you still don't have a clue.

14. henrikrox macrumors 65816

henrikrox

i hope apple comes with a new dock hdmi thing for the new ipad. i mean no of the current adapters can drive the resolution of the ipad, and quality isnt great.

15. AlexV., Feb 21, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2011

AlexV. macrumors newbie

iPad to 42" tv

Gryzor, Pcclone, apparently you're a couple of useless asinine twits that are here only for laughs or irritation. Don't bother.

As i understand it walbern1, you're looking for a wireless solution ---not a cumbersome VGA cable connection or one that requires you to jailbreak your iPad.

Unfortunately it isn't here yet. There's a gaming peripherals company out of the UK named Blaze that will supposedly be coming out with a wireless TV-out set-up sometime this April.

You can read all about it here:

http://www.ipadforums.net/apple-ipa...-converter-hdmi-adaptor-ipad-iphone-ipod.html