iPad to arrive one day early here in Switzerland

Discussion in 'iPad' started by robin24, May 27, 2010.

1. robin24 macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    well, I'm very happy to report that my iPad 64GB, which i preordered on the 10th of May, the day it became available in international Apple online stores, has arrived here earlier today. So I got this great device one day earlier than the actual release and am really happy about this!!!
    Unfortunately, whereas the AppStore and iTunes Store are both available on the iPad, iBooks seems not to be an option in Switzerland yet, which I think is really a shame. But I don't wanna complain here - hope there are any others out there who were able to get it ahead of time!
    Robin

2. robin24 thread starter macrumors newbie

Update:

I just spoke with an Apple advisor on the Apple Switzerland hotline. Aparently, he has been receiving calls since this morning from people who received early iPads, mainly from Eastern Europe. Also, I was able to download iBooks from the Swiss iTunes Store, but right now it seems there are no German titles available yet - but I am perfectly fine with the English ones. As the Apple advisor told me, neither the App Store, Music Store nor the Book Store are active in Eastern Europe at this time. He stated that he advises people to create accounts in the American iTunes Store. I asked whether a valid address is required to register, to which replied something like "oh well, Times Square works - or use 'White House'". So, I guess there will be quite a few self-made New Yorkers and politicians downloading iTunes Store content now :)
    Robin