Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rocketjacket

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
Long story, but I sold my iPad on eBay and the buyer claims that the iPad did not work (which isn't true). I am wondering if my iMac has a record of the last sync? As I did a sync from my iMac and factory reset moments before popping it in a package to send.

Any help would be appreciated.

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
scammers often do this - they have a broken iPad, buy one from you, claim one you sent is broken, you agree to return, then they send you their broken iPad. they get a new iPad free as a result and you get a broken iPad not the one you sent

I hope you have a record of the serial number of the iPad you sent.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Long story, but I sold my iPad on eBay and the buyer claims that the iPad did not work (which isn't true). I am wondering if my iMac has a record of the last sync? As I did a sync from my iMac and factory reset moments before popping it in a package to send.

Any help would be appreciated.

If you backed up to iTunes before you wiped it, you can go to this screen and see the time/date of the backup. If you mouse hover over the backup the device serial number will popup.

tatUXxw.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.