Ipad to Iphone via camera connector?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Lordbrummie, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Lordbrummie macrumors newbie

I was looking to use my iphone to take this years family holiday video, send them to the ipad via the camera connector and edit them there, thus keeping my iphone memory free for the next days shootin'

So, there I was in the Apple store, asking if I could do this and the salesperson said "no".

I could connect pretty much any other camera but not my Iphone 4s, someone please tell me this isn't so.......

They gave me the alternative of uploading the video by sending it to myself via email, now I don't know about your iphone 3G/4G connections but the thought of sending gigabit files via email seems a touch, shall we say daft, let alone thinking of the upload/download times the data bill alone for sending/receiving them, especially as I'll be roaming in the US (UK home), fills me with giggles of laughter.

Would Apple really be that dumb?

LB.

2. Fuzzy.Dunlop, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  3. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

4. HiddenPuppy, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2012

HiddenPuppy macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

I may be missing something here, but what is wrong with photostream that is included in iOS? When I do a pic it transfers to all my iDevices as soon as I hit a WIFI connection. Not sure if this will work for video or not.

HiddenPuppy

Edit : Just tired a 7 second video and it does not transfer through photo stream, sorry about that. Learn something everyday. My bad :(

5. Lordbrummie thread starter macrumors newbie

To Fuzzy and Blueroom, haver downloaded the Photosync app, works like a dream, marvelous, cheers chaps.

LB.

6. Fuzzy.Dunlop macrumors regular

It's a pretty amazing app, German efficiency for you

7. Azzin macrumors 68040

You certainly can do it (I've done it), but when you're next on wifi, those pictures will be uploaded to Photostream on iCloud, where you can then view/save/edit them on your iPad.

[Edit] - Just seen you're talking about video clips, sorry. :eek:

I don't think iCloud does video yet, but the camera kit works just fine.

8. j3yq macrumors 6502

j3yq

I've done it as well with pictures tho. I used the USB connecter on the iPad to the iPhone 4/s.

9. Azzin macrumors 68040

What do you mean-there's no USB connector on an iPad?

Or did you mean via the Camera Connection Kit?

10. polaris20 macrumors 68020

You absolutely can connect the iPhone to the iPad, using the CCK.

Just stick the USB component of the CCK into the iPad, then a dock cable into that and the iPhone. It'll automatically bring up the import window, and you can suck in the video. From there you can edit in iMovie. Really easy, and works great.

11. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Welcome, glad to help. Absolutely amazing app, don't forget to get the OSX or Windows version too!