iPad to launch on Three UK

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ryan.hayes79, Nov 25, 2010.

1. ryan.hayes79 macrumors member

Just found this on the web:

Hi Guys, some very exciting news announced today. Have a read of our press statement below. We don’t have any further details to share at the moment, but as soon as we know more, we will:

“Three today announced it will offer new purchase options for iPad users, including more affordable prices when purchased with a data service plan, for iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G models in the coming months. iPad allows users to connect with their apps and content in a more intimate, intuitive and fun way than ever before. Users can browse the web, read and send email, enjoy and share photos, watch HD videos, listen to music, play games, read ebooks and much more, all using iPad’s revolutionary Multi-Touch user interface. For more information about iPad please visit www.apple.com/ipad/.”

2. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Hopefully you can set up the data contract in-store and don't have to call one of their pisspoor offshore call centres.

3. Seamaster macrumors 65816

Seamaster

In fairness, I think their infamously **** Indian call centre is slowly clawing its way up to a minimum acceptable standard. I called them last week to downgrade my 10GB iPad plan to 1GB and they were far more intelligent and intelligible than they were when I had to battle to get connected in the first place.

Despite the recent controversy over the switch-off of 2G fallback roaming on Orange, I'm probably going to port my iPhone to them when my current contract expires next month. My iPhone + iPad for £17.50/month is half what I'm paying O2 now for my iPhone alone.

4. solowap macrumors newbie

Yep. When I have recently changed my MiFi SIM to a Micro SIM for iPad they were very helpful, clear and processes worked with SIM arriving quicker than they said.
    Turning into a great network. Will be dumping O2 for my next iPhone purchase and move to 3. Already on 3 for iPad and it's great

5. Seamaster macrumors 65816

Seamaster

I got a Three prepay SIM to test out their coverage. It's actually better than O2's for voice and data in the places I spend 90% of my time. So I'm happy to take a punt on them. Their tenner a month SIM only deal suits me fine, and is a hell of a saving off £35/month with O2.