ipad to Separates amp

ry381

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2017
Hi

I currently have a separates systems CD & AMP, I am looking for a device that I can connect to my amp that can hook up to my ipad to stream the likes of spotify, apple music, allowing the music to play through my separates system?

Any ideas?

RHELF

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2010
If by amp you mean some type of home theater receiver, you could get a small bluetooth receiver and connect it into one of the line inputs and then just stream from the ipad.

ry381

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2017
If by amp you mean some type of home theater receiver, you could get a small bluetooth receiver and connect it into one of the line inputs and then just stream from the ipad.
By amp I mean a hifi separates... Cambridge Audio Topaz am10.

I had found a couple possible ideas Cambridge audio DACmagic plus and a cheaper version DACmagic 100

In the 2nd one I would need to use a lightening bolt to USB converter

ChrisA

macrumors G4
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Hi

I currently have a separates systems CD & AMP, I am looking for a device that I can connect to my amp that can hook up to my ipad to stream the likes of spotify, apple music, allowing the music to play through my separates system?

Any ideas?
Seems like over kill but a Apple TV works really well. And in addition you can do video to the TV set too.
The advantage of this is that you don't need wires and it works with Macs as well as phones.

You could get an older used ATV. The new ATVs do things with video that you don't need so spend $50 or so on an older ATV. I think they connect to the amp using either digital toslink or analog RCA. It should play lossless or any format that works on iTunes