ipad to Separates amp

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by ry381, Jul 11, 2017.

1. ry381 macrumors newbie

Hi

I currently have a separates systems CD & AMP, I am looking for a device that I can connect to my amp that can hook up to my ipad to stream the likes of spotify, apple music, allowing the music to play through my separates system?

Any ideas?

2. RHELF macrumors member

If by amp you mean some type of home theater receiver, you could get a small bluetooth receiver and connect it into one of the line inputs and then just stream from the ipad.

3. ry381 thread starter macrumors newbie

By amp I mean a hifi separates... Cambridge Audio Topaz am10.

I had found a couple possible ideas Cambridge audio DACmagic plus and a cheaper version DACmagic 100

In the 2nd one I would need to use a lightening bolt to USB converter

4. ChrisA macrumors G4

Seems like over kill but a Apple TV works really well. And in addition you can do video to the TV set too.
    The advantage of this is that you don't need wires and it works with Macs as well as phones.

You could get an older used ATV. The new ATVs do things with video that you don't need so spend $50 or so on an older ATV. I think they connect to the amp using either digital toslink or analog RCA. It should play lossless or any format that works on iTunes

5. ChrisA macrumors G4

Yes, Good idea. I actually own one but it's and older model. It did not know they made this new one. They are great and made exactly for this purpose.

The ATV is only $50 more and might have more value because it can also do video but if simplicity is important the "express" is pretty easy.