Ipad, Truly Magical

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sameon, Mar 5, 2011.

1. sameon macrumors newbie

I always taught of the ipad as an oversize ipod touch before I got the rev 1 due to the price drop. I raise my hands up what a product, my 8 year loves it, the Mrs loves it and myself i am thinking of buying the rev 2.

2. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

I've had my iPad since late April 2010. So many of my friends criticised it as "a big iPod touch", etc, as well. That is, until they held and used it for the first time. It's only when you have real hands-on time with it, do you really 'get it', if you didn't beforehand.

3. dadoftwogirls macrumors 6502

dadoftwogirls

Glad your inboard. I find a lot of people bemoaning the iPad on these forums about specs and what they think it should be, typically haven't even bought one let alone used it. Obviously everyone has opinions and it does have limitations. However, it remains an awesome and enjoyable advancement for consumers that take it for what it is.

4. gatearray macrumors 65816

What a product, indeed! :)

I have found that for most people, to use the iPad for a half hour or so is to fall in love with it and have to have one. The iPad 2 will be no exception, and take it up a notch, even!

Congrats on your new iPad!

5. Mitch2742 macrumors member

I plan on getting an iPad 2. People always call it an "oversized iPod touch," which in a way it is, but the same people don't understand that the size (not to mention the faster speed) actually makes a pretty significant difference in its functionality.

6. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

Last year when they first introduced it, I really didn't think it was so great. Then I went to the store and played with it on launch day. It took me 5 minutes before I realized that I wanted one! Luckily they had one more 16GB left. I sold it about a month ago in preparation for iPad 2. I'll be in line at the Apple Store on launch day. People who criticize the iPad and call it "a big iPod touch" haven't used one before.

7. sphoenix macrumors regular

sphoenix

Your comments make me happy :D I thought of it as a big iPod touch aswell, however after the price drop, I decided to go for an iPad 32GB before they ran out (which they have now!) But because I've got an iPod touch (4g) I'm wondering if they will seem like too much of the same thing? Of course, with the iPod I already have FaceTime and the rest of it... so maybe it's not worth selling it :confused:

8. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

I never understood the "big ipod touch" comments. Since when was bigger not better?

Why buy a 60 inch LCD TV when you can buy a 19 inch one.......noooo, no one says that.

But yes you're right, it IS magical :)

9. deeddawg macrumors 604

Good point. Show me someone who'd be happier highlighting/annotating PDFs on an ipod touch rather than an ipad... :D

10. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Please return once you've used one. This is a whole different category than an iPod Touch.

11. joec1101 macrumors 6502

I have to agree with what someone above said; you really have to use one to appreciate the device.

Not my quote, but I have read this elsewhere:

"An iPad is just an oversized iPod just like a swimming pool is just an oversized bathtub." :D