iPad iPad turned off now won't boot normally

Discussion in 'iPad' started by pacmania1982, Sep 29, 2014.

1. pacmania1982 macrumors 6502a

pacmania1982

Hi all.

Last night I decided to wipe my iPad 3 (32GB 4G + WiFi) and restore it as I had 9.8GB of 'other'. I did a backup and wiped the iPad and it was all working perfectly until this evening.

I turned the screen off using the sleep/wake button and went into another room. When I got back I pressed the button again to turn it on and go back to what I was doing. The screen didn't come on. I tried pressing and holding the home button and the sleep/wake button for 10-20 seconds but nothing.

I plugged it into my sisters MacBook and it bonged like it was charging. iTunes asked if I wanted to trust the device so I pressed yes. It then said waiting for confirmation on the iPad.

Finally I got home and plugged it into my rMBP and it now appears in recovery mode.

So heres the problem. I deleted the backup last night after I was done restoring it. I'd could wipe the iPad and see if that helps, but I've got some Minecraft stuff on there that I'd rather not loose.

I have a Time Machine backup and went to the MobileSync folder to recover the backups. I've put them back in where they came from, but iTunes isn't seeing them when I go to iTunes preferences and go to devices.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get the backup back from Time Machine backup?

Any other suggestions or advice would be appreciated

Thanks

pac

2. pacmania1982 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pacmania1982

Just tried to restore it in iTunes and I get the error

'The iPad "iPad" could not be restored due to an unknown error (2001).

Guess I need to book an appointment at the Apple Store?

3. pacmania1982 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pacmania1982

Just plugged it into my PC and managed to do a restore. Problem is the LCD won't turn on. Its borked.

Oh well!

pac