iPad UI in web browser, how was this accomplished?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Macman1993, May 19, 2010.

1. Macman1993 macrumors 6502

Macman1993

I saw a post a while back but I have been unable to find it again, does anyone know how apple was able to make this page?

http://developer.apple.com/iphone/library/iPad/#home

Someone posted how this was done before but I cant find it which is a shame. Does anyone know if apple provides articles on accomplishing this? I love this interface and it would go perfectly in a website I've recently designed, I accomplished something similar using iWebkit and iFrames but the two finger scrolling requirement is a pain and I would love to be able to put this interphase into my site.

If it doesn't look like the ipad UI follow the steps on this page
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/14724/experience-the-ipad-ui-on-your-pc/

2. web_god61 macrumors regular

web_god61

3. Macman1993 thread starter macrumors 6502

Macman1993

Sorry I was vague in my post, what I am asking about is not making things look like iphone buttons (I can already do that using iWebKit) but what interested me is how on that page their are two columns that can be scrolled through using only one finger on each. Normally that is not possible but apple figured out a way to do it there using the standard webkit engine which is what I want to be able to replicate.

4. Makosuke macrumors 603

I was going to suggest Apple's Pastrykit framework--it's what the iPhone help uses--but that section of the site seems to be using another framework. Pastrykit might be iPhone/Touch only, I suppose.

5. Macman1993 thread starter macrumors 6502

Macman1993

Pastrykit is only for buttons and other things to look app-like that is easy to do. What I want to do is display the have sidebar thing like how it is in that link in my original post (I have no better way to describe it) I can make it look iphone like but what I am asking is how did apple accomplish the iPad UI in the browser which normally wouldn't have worked in webkit.