iPad UK 3G Network? Opinions?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jimboooo, May 27, 2010.

1. Jimboooo macrumors newbie

I am expecting an orange micro sim in the post tomorrow for my ipad 3g, when i looked at the tariffs back on the 10th June Orange seemed the most appealing, but there now that 3 have announced £7.50 a month for 1GB, they seem so much more tempting.
    What do you guys think, also does anyone know if the actual phone shops will be stocking the micro sims?

2. ParishYoung macrumors 6502a

Daft as it may seem, my first thought would be to choose based on which network allows you to purchase / manage your data usage direct from the device.

At present this is only O2 and Vodafone (three isn't even mentioned on Apple's website)

If they're Pay As You Go then I would get them all and see which one works best in your area first.

I know Orange is best in my area (but can't be managed on device)
    O2 has only EDGE - no 3G in my area
    Vodafone is reportedly good AND can be managed on device
    Three I have no idea about

3. ParishYoung macrumors 6502a

Also, I currently have an imported Wifi only model, and even if I did have the 3G version I probably still wouldn't carry it around outside the house very often.

It's pretty large, heavier than you expect, and it's value deters me

4. Ironduke Suspended

Ironduke

I have an o2 sim in my ipad.

how do i subscribe?

5. Jimboooo thread starter macrumors newbie

I have been told by orange that they will have a dedicated iPad Application where you will be able to manage data usage and change plans. I have also heard nothing of 3 being able to manage that from the device.
    However the price of the 3 data plan is probably the most enticing with 1GB per month costing £7.95. Really a GB is a lot especially if you are mainly surfing the web and downloading emails and even the occasional song from iTunes.

I found a good article on the Stuff website that talks about the different price plans and recommended plans for recommended usage. Check the link below.

http://stuff.tv/blogs/iphone/archive/2010/05/27/find-the-best-ipad-3g-data-plan-for-you.aspx