Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iPad Pro iPad UK. Should you buy from Apple or John Lewis?

AVBeatMan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 10, 2010
When they're available I usually buy my iPad's from John Lewis. They usually give a 2 or even 3 year guarantee. That said I usually upgrade every year. This year the 12.9 iPad's are thin on the ground so I was wondering if I should buy direct from Apple? What do you guys think? Apple or JL?

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I bought my 10.5" from Apple because of the student discount - I've never had problems getting them to repair my iPhone 5 and 6 Plus when they were out of warranty, so have no qualms buying from them.

Reactions: AVBeatMan

keeper

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2008
I always use JL, I got my 2016 MBP from them as a return, good discount and came with three years warranty.

MrGimper

macrumors 604
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
I buy from Apple as I always get AC+ and get a corporate discount. However, if I didn't, I'd probably purchase from JL. Their customer care is exceptional. They forgot to ask appropriate questions when I bought a hob once, and they couldn't install it so they supplied a more expensive one AND paid for appropriate electrical work to be completed. Got about a grands worth of value for about £150 outlay.

Reactions: AVBeatMan

Kiimora

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2014
London UK
I buy my :apple: products from Apple however all other electronics /devices from JL ; they offer extended product warranties , vouchers , free cakes & beverages:D & of course membership rewards

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
Do JL allow open box returns though? I remember that I was going to buy an Apple Watch from there and customer service confirmed that I could only return a sealed unopened box for a refund. For that reason I purchased through Apple directly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.