iPad unlimited AT&T mywi safe ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ansabakhan, Oct 28, 2012.

1. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

I wanted to install mywi on my iPad 3, and wanted to check if AT&T ever gave problems to poeple using mywi on iPad ? As they do on iPhone ?

2. Jades macrumors 6502

Haven't seen an issue yet. Although mywi and pdanet works like crap on the iPad for some reason. iPhone they work perfectly. Tetherme has been the most stable for me. But still not 100 percent reliable

3. Newbie MacUser macrumors member

I don't see why they wouldn't. The moment they see the amount of data you are consuming they will likely warn you about the amount of GB's of data you are using and then depending on how often you get to their (theoretical) limit they automatically switch your unlimited account to a tiered data plan.

4. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

i have heard of iphone users being warned many times (personally experienced it too) and friends who were force into 3 gb plan.. but never heard any thing about ipad users...

5. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

I started using TetherMe today (just got my unlimited). Anyways, MyWi works
    Like crap like the other member reported. TetherMe is a lot more stable and I generally like their layout (stock, no extra app) much better.

6. JodyK macrumors 6502a

JodyK

No problems here ... MyWi used for over a year ... PS don't tell AT&T I am doing this.

7. AlvinNguyen, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012

AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

How much have you used? I need to use it as my primary Internet connection for a few weeks coming up. I'm wondering if any problems will arise from this.

8. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

yaa i want to know this too... i am guess no one on ipad is getting those warning at all ...